This topic pertains to applicants who attended foreign and French-Canadian schools. These instructions do not apply to applicants who attended a foreign school as part of a study abroad program. See Study Abroad and Overseas US Transcripts for more information on reporting your study abroad experience.
Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. We do not accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English. Transcripts from these schools must be sent to UMHS even if your program does not accept them. Please see the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section for information on reporting that coursework.
Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. However, foreign evaluations for these schools should be sent to UMHS.
Caribbean Medical Schools
Official transcripts from Caribbean Medical Schools that are issued in English are required; send these transcripts as outlined in the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section.
Examples of Caribbean Medical Schools include:
- American International University of Arts and Sciences- Antigua
- American University of Antigua
- Saint George’s University School of Medicine
- Medical University of the Americas
- University of Health and Sciences Antigua School of Medicine
A WES is not required for Caribbean medical schools, except for schools in the Dominican Republic (i.e. Universidad Central De Este).
Documenting Foreign Coursework
If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, your program may require that you submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to UMHS from the evaluation service.
Be sure to contact the transcript evaluation service as early as possible; services can take several weeks to process your transcript(s) once received.
Foreign Evaluation Vendors
The following are foreign evaluation vendors our applicants have used in the past. This list is not all-inclusive and we do not recommend or endorse any particular vendor or service. Check with your programs to see if they have a preferred or required vendor that may not be on this list.
- World Education Services (WES), Inc.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
- Educational Perspectives
- Click Order after listing your foreign school in the Colleges Attended section.
- Select if you are ordering an electronic WES evaluation or submitting a WES or other vendor's foreign evaluation via mail.
- If ordering an electronic WES evaluation, select WES and follow the prompts. Make sure to select UMHS from the drop-down on WES's page. Once WES completes your evaluation, they will send it to UMHS electronically.
- If submitting a WES or other vendor's foreign evaluation via mail, click Download Transcript ID Form and print the form. If you send foreign evaluations by mail, use the following address:
UMHS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9203
Watertown, MA 02471
International applicants can also send foreign evaluations to the following street address:
UMHS Transcript Processing Center
c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472
We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt.
- Click I Ordered My Evaluation once you requested an electronic evaluation or downloaded the Transcript ID form. Or, click I Will Do This Later to return to Colleges Attended.