- Transcripts must be sent to University of South Alabama from all US and English-speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the Colleges Attended section of your application, even if the courses later transferred to another institution. We cannot process your application without receiving all of your transcripts.
- Do not send foreign transcripts (non-US/non-English-Canadian). This includes transcripts from Caribbean and French-Canadian schools. We cannot accept these documents and they will be destroyed. See the Foreign and French-Canadian Transcripts section for more details.
- Transcripts must be original. Transcripts that are photocopied, faxed, on file at a career center or Interfolio, etc. are not accepted.
- Transcripts must be addressed to University of South Alabama. Transcripts addressed to you, a program, school, or any address other than University of South Alabama are not accepted.
- Transcripts must be mailed by your registrar. For security purposes, we cannot accept transcripts mailed by you or anyone other than the registrar. If anything on your transcript indicates that it was issued to the student, picked up by you, or mailed to any address other than University of South Alabama, your transcript will be rejected and you will need to send a new one.
- In rare occurrences where a school's computer system can only include the applicant's name in the transcript's Issue to field, instruct the registrar to mail the transcript to University of South Alabama and include a letter stating the registrar's policy for addressing transcripts. Transcripts will not be accepted without this letter. Additionally, the transcript cannot have an "Issued to Student" or "Student Copy" stamp and cannot be picked up by the applicant.
Current University of South Alabama Students
If you are a University of South Alabama student applying to a University of South Alabama graduate program, go to the University Registrar's Office website and complete a transcript request form. Enter USA Graduate School in the Name/Organization field for the transcript recipient. You will not be charged for this request. You can then fax, mail, or hand-deliver the completed transcript request forms to the Registrar's Office.
How to Send US or English-Canadian Transcripts
- Enter your colleges or universities in the Colleges Attended section before requesting any transcripts.
- Click the Download Transcript Request Form under each school you listed and print each form.
- Contact the registrar at each institution you attended and request one transcript be sent to University of South Alabama. You only need to submit one transcript from each school regardless of the number of programs you're applying to.
- Provide the registrar with the following items:
- University of South Alabama Transcript Request Form. Ask the registrar to attach it to your official transcripts. This form is not required, but strongly recommended as it helps ensure your official transcripts are properly matched to your application. If you cannot use this form, make sure the registrar prints "University of South Alabama" and your full University of South Alabama ID number on the transcript before mailing it.
- Any school-specific forms required by the registrar.
- Any transcript fees required by the registrar.
- All information needed by the registrar to properly identify you in the school's database.
- Any name changes.
- Your University of South Alabama ID number.
- Follow up with your school(s) to ensure that your transcripts were mailed, and obtain the date they sent them. Be aware that processing times vary by school and may take longer towards the end of a semester. Some schools may not send your transcript until the semester is over.
- Monitor the Check Status page to ensure your transcript is received. On average, it takes up to seven business days for your transcript to post to your application from the date we receive it. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact customer service.
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Your registrar should mail your paper transcripts to the following address:
University of South Alabama Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9218
Watertown, MA 02471
We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or delays caused by the Registrar's Office. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
In rare cases, if your institution cannot submit official transcripts by mail or electronically from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, or National Student Clearinghouse due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we can accept official transcripts sent via email from the Registrar directly. Your institution can contact the Customer Service team for more information.
We cannot accept transcripts sent via email from applicants.
University of South Alabama only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer any of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail.
If your school requires that you use a service other than Credentials Solutions, Parchment, or National Student Clearinghouse, you should ask that service to mail the transcripts instead of sending them electronically. Since you cannot include the Transcript Request Form, you should include your full University of South Alabama ID number when entering the University of South Alabama mailing address.
When using any of these services, select University of South Alabama as the recipient. If you can't select University of South Alabama and instead are asked for an email address, your transcript must be sent by mail. Do not send your transcript to the University of South Alabama customer service email.
Click here to see if your school offers the Credentials Solutions service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, click here and follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes up to seven business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Credentials Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service.
Click here to see if your school offers the Parchment service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. Otherwise, follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes up to seven business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Parchment directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service.
National Student Clearinghouse
Click here to begin the process, then complete the following:
- From the menu bar, click Order–Track–Verify > Order a Transcript.
- Enter the school you wish to order a transcript from, then click Continue.
- Click Order Transcript.
- Follow the prompts and enter the required information.
- When selecting the recipient (i.e., Who are you sending your transcript to?), select Educational Organization, Application Service and Scholarships.
- When entering recipient details, select University of South Alabama from the Select Organization drop-down, then enter the CAS Transcript ID. This ID is located below the barcode on the Transcript Request Form issued to you by University of South Alabama (the barcode is located in the upper right corner of this form). Note that in the Select Organization drop-down, University of South Alabama may be listed as USAGA CAS (University of South Alabama Graduate Admissions), or with an association name, such as in the example below.
If the Enter CAS Transcript ID field does not appear, then your transcript cannot be sent to University of South Alabama electronically.
Once your transcript is requested, it takes up to seven business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact University of South Alabama customer service to confirm the order was completed.
Please note that use of these services does not expedite the processing of transcripts.
The following scenarios can cause delayed application posting/processing and should be avoided whenever possible:
- A transcript is not accompanied by a Transcript Request Form or is accompanied by the incorrect form.
- A transcript is not addressed specifically to "University of South Alabama."
- A school you attended is missing from the Colleges Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application unless the school is listed.
- An incorrect school name is listed in the Colleges Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application until it is corrected.
- The name on a transcript cannot be found in the University of South Alabama database, either because your name changed, was misspelled on the transcript, was misspelled on the application, or you have not yet created a University of South Alabama account.
The following scenarios can cause transcripts to be rejected and should be avoided whenever possible:
- A transcript is unofficial, marked as student-issued, or is addressed to someone other than University of South Alabama.
- A transcript is missing pages or was severely damaged in the mail.
- A document received by University of South Alabama is not a transcript.
- An incorrect transcript was received; this can occur when another student at your school has the same or similar name and you did not provide enough information to the registrar when you requested your transcript. Be sure to provide your schools with as much information as possible so they can properly identify your records.