Skip to main content

Foreign and French-Canadian Transcripts


This topic pertains to applicants who attended foreign and French-Canadian schools. These instructions do not apply to applicants who attended a foreign school as part of a study abroad program. See Study Abroad and Overseas US Transcripts for more information on reporting your study abroad experience.

For each foreign institution entered, click the Upload Transcript button under Colleges Attended and upload any associated transcripts.

Official foreign transcripts must also be submitted to:

International Admissions
Meisler Hall, Suite 2200
390 Alumni Circle
Mobile, AL 36688-0002
United States

Canadian Schools

English-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. We do not accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English. Transcripts from these schools must be sent to University of South Alabama even if your program does not accept them. Please see the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section for information on reporting that coursework.

French-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. Foreign transcripts can be uploaded under Colleges Attended.

Caribbean Medical Schools

All Caribbean medical schools are considered foreign institutions and are not US accredited, even if they have offices in the US or allow US licensing. Do not send transcripts from these schools to University of South Alabama, as they will be discarded. Foreign transcripts can be uploaded under Colleges Attended

Documenting Foreign Coursework

If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, University of South Alabama does not require any documentation

Do not send foreign transcripts to University of South Alabama, including those printed in English or translated into English; they will be discarded. Foreign transcripts can be uploaded under Colleges Attended.


  • Was this article helpful?