This section allows you to highlight any employment, volunteerism, and other experiences. When entering experiences, use your best judgment; review the options below, consider the duties you performed, and choose the experience type that you think best fits the experience.
All paid work; for example, a retail or restaurant job.
Related activities you would like your selected programs to review; for example, academic clubs and competitive teams. Do not include paid work experience in this section.
Paid or unpaid internship programs, such as summer programs.
Experiences in which you held a leadership role within an organization, such as the president of a club, fraternity/sorority, etc.
Any experience working on a research project, preferably in addition to or outside of regular classroom work. This may include student research positions, research technician positions, summer research student, master’s rotational student, etc.
Experiences in which you were in charge of instructing others, such as a teaching assistant, tutor, etc.
Enter Your Experience
- Click Add an Experience.
- Select the appropriate experience type from the drop-down.
- Enter information about the organization where the experience took place.
- Enter information about your supervisor at the organization.
- Enter the date or date range in which the experience took place. Note that your experiences will not display on your application in any specific order, regardless of the dates entered.
- Enter additional details about the experience, including the time frame, if applicable.
- Select Yes or No to indicate a release authorization to allow your selected programs to contact the organization.
- Click Save & Continue.
Note that you cannot repeat hours between Experience types. So, if position duties encompass more than one section, enter the position in both sections and divide the hours and duties accordingly.