All applicants are required to confirm understanding of the following code of conduct:
In accordance with the ideals and principles of the veterinary profession, applicants to schools and colleges of veterinary medicine are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates responsibility, integrity, veracity, and good judgment. Schools and colleges of veterinary medicine seek to admit applicants who possess a high level of professionalism and potential.
Applicants will demonstrate these qualities by taking ownership of all aspects related to the application and admissions processes. Applicants will follow these guidelines:
- Review the admissions requirements and application procedures for both VMCAS and for each designated veterinary medical school or college to which the applicant plans to apply.
- Communicate with both VMCAS and admissions office personnel in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide all required information on the VMCAS application accurately and by the application deadline.
- Provide all required information on the supplemental applications/questions accurately and by the school-specific deadlines.
- Regularly check the VMCAS and school-specific status pages to ensure that your applications are complete and follow up in a timely manner on any missing items.
- Regularly login to the VMCAS application to check for important messages.
- Regularly check your email for important messages from the schools and colleges to which you applied.
- Notify each admissions office in a timely manner if you do not plan to attend an admissions interview which has been offered to you.
- Respond to all offers of admission by the April 15 Common Reply Date, including the schools and colleges you have decided not to attend.
- Abide by all VMCAS and school-specific deadlines.