VMCAS Likert Criteria
In addition to writing a letter of recommendation, you will evaluate applicants on a number of criteria. Provide your ratings for the following criteria.
- Ability to Handle Animals: applicant is verbally reassuring, calm, and able to reduce stress/anxiety in animals.
- Emotional Stability: applicant manages emotions and accepts accountability for actions.
- Empathy: applicant is considerate, sensitive, and tactful in response to others.
- Ethics: applicant displays honesty, integrity, and ethical behaviors.
- Interpersonal Relations: applicant can get along well with peers and superiors.
- Judgment: applicant displays critical thinking skills, common sense, and decisiveness.
- Leadership: applicant takes initiative and motivates others.
- Oral Communication: applicant speaks clearly with precision and accuracy, without ambiguity.
- Professionalism: applicant demonstrates respect for others.
- Reaction to Criticism: applicant accepts constructive criticisms and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Understanding of the Veterinary Profession
- Reliability: applicant is dependable, responsible, prompt, and thorough.
- Self-Awareness: applicant can objectively self-evaluate, manage emotions, and align behavior with values.
- Time Management: applicant uses time effectively and productively.
- Written Communication: applicant's writing is precise, accurate, grammatically correct, and unambiguous.
For more information, reference the Guidelines for Recommendation Letter Writers.