VMCAS allows you to enter scores for GRE, MCAT, IELTS, and TOEFL only. If your programs request additional test scores, provide them to the programs directly.
Reporting GRE Scores
There are a two different ways to submit your Official GRE scores to VMCAS, depending on a program's requirements:
- Use VMCAS GRE codes for schools that require you to submit Official GRE Score reports to VMCAS via ETS.
- Use School GRE codes for schools that require you to submit Official GRE Score reports directly to them via ETS.
Use the chart below to locate the appropriate GRE code to use when requesting scores, depending on what the school requires. Contact the VMCAS schools directly if you have additional questions.
Note that once your official GRE scores are attached to your application, they cannot be removed.
Submitting Your Official GRE Scores
- Review the list of VMCAS GRE Codes below to determine your program's VMCAS code.
- Follow the instructions on the ETS website to request your scores.
- Provide the code to ETS and request that your scores be released to the program you are applying to. If you are applying to multiple programs, supply each individual code to ensure all programs can view your scores. Check with ETS about their turnaround and processing times.
- After ETS processing, scores are sent to VMCAS in batches and then posted to applications every 2-3 days. Only scores that you requested using VMCAS GRE Codes will post to your application. You can view scores attached to your application in the Standardized Tests section of the Check Status tab.
It is your responsibility to follow up on any missing GRE scores in a timely manner. If your scores are not posted within ETS's processing period, contact ETS and ask which Batch Number your scores were sent in. Then, contact customer service to provide them with this Batch Number. We will use this information to determine if we have received the batch, and to locate your scores, if possible. If your scores aren't found, we will contact ETS to troubleshoot.
Note: If your name or date of birth appears differently on your GRE account than it does on your VMCAS application, your scores will not automatically post to your account. This often happens with applicants with hyphens, apostrophes, etc., in their names. Wait until ETS processes the scores, then contact customer service so they can manually connect the scores to your application.
VMCAS GRE Codes
This list contains all VMCAS programs who have a VMCAS GRE code.
|VMCAS Institution||TEST||VMCAS GRE CODE||SCHOOL GRE CODE|
|Atlantic Veterinary College (UPEI)||GRE||7877|
|Colorado State University||GRE||2187|
|Iowa State University||GRE not required|
|Kansas State University||GRE||6334 (0617 dept code)|
|Lincoln Memorial University||GRE||7576|
|Louisiana State University||GRE||2281||6381|
|Massey University||Check with school|
|Michigan State University||GRE not required|
|Mississippi State University||GRE not required|
|North Carolina State University||GRE||2250|
|Ohio State University||GRE not required|
|Oklahoma State University||GRE||6558|
|Ontario Veterinary College (Guelph)||GRE not required|
|Oregon State University||GRE||4565|
|Purdue University||GRE not required|
|Ross University||Check with school||2639|
|Royal Veterinary College||GRE||3207|
|St. George's University||GRE||7402|
|Tuskegee University||GRE||1813 (0617 dept code)|
|University College - Dublin||GRE optional||0769|
|University of California - Davis||GRE||4804|
|University of Edinburgh||Check with school|
|University of Florida||GRE||5753|
|University of Georgia||GRE||5752|
|University of Glasgow||GRE optional|
|University of Illinois||GRE||2163|
|University of Melbourne||Check with school|
|University of Minnesota||GRE||6904|
|University of Missouri||GRE||7268|
|University of Pennsylvania||GRE||2775|
|University of Sydney||Check with school|
|University of Tennessee||GRE||2104|
|University of Wisconsin||GRE||1846|
|VA/MD College of Veterinary Medicine||GRE not required|
|Washington State University||GRE||4984|
|Western University of Health Sciences||GRE||7410|