Before you submit your application, be aware of the following:
- You can make limited changes after your application is submitted. You will be able to add new experiences, achievements, and test scores, but you cannot edit existing entries. You can also update recommendations with "new" or "in-progress" statuses and select additional programs to apply to. All other sections will be read-only. Additionally, after October 13, 2020, the application portal will be completely shut down and your file will be locked and unavailable for viewing, edits, additions, and changes. For your records, we strongly recommend that you print a PDF copy of the application before this date.
- You can submit your application before your transcripts and Recommendations are received. Please note, however, that your application will not be considered “complete” until we receive all official transcripts and payments, and at least three Recommendations are requested and listed.
- Do not wait until the last minute. You can submit your application up until 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date; however, ensure you allow for time to complete the required payment section. You must click Submit and complete the final payment information before the deadline in order to guarantee your submission is accepted. Additionally, be aware that during our busiest times you may experience page loading delays, and these may occur outside of customer service's hours of operation. We cannot grant deadline extensions if you miss your deadline.
Submitting Your Payment
When you are ready to submit your application, go to the Submit Application tab and click Submit. Payments can only be made in the application via a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Credit card payments cannot be made over the phone.
Once you submit your application and payment, click View Payment History for each program on the Check Status page to confirm your payment's receipt.
Because your designated programs have access to your information as soon as you submit your application, no refunds can be issued for any reason (this includes missed deadlines and programs no longer accepting applicants).
Before submitting your application, you are prompted to review and agree to the VMCAS Release Statement. This agreement includes a clause about the refund policy. As an applicant, it's your responsibility to complete your application correctly, monitor the status of your application, ensure all required materials are received and posted to the application, respond to all notifications in a timely manner, and adhere to the deadline requirements posted by each program to which you have applied. Additionally, keep in mind that programs review applications and fill seats throughout the application cycle and may not notify VMCAS that their class is full. We recommend contacting your programs before applying to confirm available seats.
You'll receive a confirmation email acknowledging that your application was submitted. Note that submitting does not mean your application is being reviewed by your programs. Depending on what materials were already received, submitting changes your application status from "In-Progress" to "Received" or "Complete."
Completing Your Application
Your application must be considered "complete" to be placed in line for verification. In general, an application is complete when:
- All official transcripts are posted to your application and appear on the Check Status tab with the date they were received.
- At least 3 of your recommendations were requested and listed under Recommendations.
- If you used the Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) service, you have approved the work completed.
- Your application fee payment was submitted and marked as received on the Check Status tab.
- You submitted your application and received an email confirming it was successfully submitted.
- Your application Program Status is "Complete."
Note that your selected programs may have specific requirements for completion (i.e., supplemental applications, official transcripts, document uploads, etc.). We recommend contacting your programs directly to ensure you are meeting all requirements. Failure to submit all required materials may jeopardize your eligibility for admission consideration. Review each program's homepage to ensure you are meeting all requirements.
Verifications occur in chronological order and on average take two weeks to complete. Once your application is verified, you will receive a notification and your application's status will change to Verified.