Correcting an Undelivered VMCAS Application
If significant mistakes are found in your application during the verification process, your application will be "undelivered," or returned to you for corrections. When an application is undelivered, you receive a notification detailing the corrections that must be made before we can continue processing it.
Transcript Entry Mistakes that Cause an Application to be Undelivered
- Failure to report a college or university you received credit from.
- All courses were listed under one semester or term instead of divided up by term.
- Missing or incorrect department prefixes.
- Missing or incorrect course numbers.
- Missing courses (usually non-credit labs, PE courses, withdrawn courses, test credits, or repeated courses).
- Vague or incorrect course titles (i.e., "English" instead of "English Composition I").
- Unconverted course credits in a unit system.
- Mislabeled terms or terms entered out of chronological order.
- Information that consistently does not match your official transcripts.
Transcript Entry Mistakes that Do Not Cause an Application to be Undelivered
- Incorrect course subjects
- Occasional (not more than 4) incorrect grade, credit, or course information entries
Correct and Redeliver Your Application
Your application's status must be Complete in order for us to resume processing.
- Thoroughly review your undelivery notification to determine what corrections need to be made. If you aren't sure how to proceed, contact customer service.
- Correct each mistake. Take appropriate actions if any additional documents are required (i.e., new transcripts).
- Once all mistakes are corrected, you must "redeliver," or resubmit your application so we can continue processing it. You do not need to make any additional payments. To redeliver, click the Check Status tab at the top of your application.
- Click Redeliver Programs to resubmit.
- Once your application's status returns to Complete, we will resume verification (typically within five business days). If it has been more than five business days since you redelivered your application, contact customer service.
How Undelivery Affects Your Application Timeline
It can take up to 10 business days for applications to be verified, and you will not be alerted to errors before that point. Because undelivery adds time to the verification process, it can delay your application. It is best to complete your application accurately the first time to avoid undelivery; however, if your application is undelivered, make corrections and resubmit as soon as possible to avoid any further delays.
Redelivery of your application does not change your submission date, but it does affect the date your application is considered complete. Contact your programs to determine any effects this may have on your application.
If you notice errors in your application before verification, contact customer service to undeliver your application so you can correct it. This will delay your application, but verification will resume sooner than if you waited for the errors to be found during the verification process.
It's important to note that you are strongly encouraged to submit your application at least four weeks before the application deadline. If you submit the application just before the deadline, you are taking a risk. If your application is undelivered due to an unreported institution, you will likely not have time to submit the official transcript before the application deadline. No additional transcripts are accepted after the application deadline. Individual schools may still choose to review your application, but it is not guaranteed. Please plan accordingly.