In this section, you can configure the Extend Offer activity to extend online admissions offers. Applicants can then accept or decline the offer via the Applicant Gateway. Offer acceptance is updated in real-time in WebAdMIT.
To configure, click the Extend Offer link on the Applicant Gateway Editor page.
Example of Extend Offer Activity:
Create Introductory and Finishing Text
The text you include in the Activity Introduction displays to the applicant before they accept or decline the offer.
The text you include in the Finishing Statement displays when the applicant accepts or declines the offer. You can create a different Finishing Statement depending on if the applicant accepts or declines the offer. You can use these spaces to explain the timeframes in which the admissions team reviews the information or any additional steps the applicant needs to complete.
- Enter a header/title for the Activity Introduction.
- In the next field, enter your introduction text.
- Enter a header/title for the Finishing Statement you want to display if the offer is accepted.
- In the next field, enter text that acknowledges the applicant accepted the offer.
- Enter a header/title for the Finishing Statement you want to display if the offer is declined.
- In the next field, enter text that acknowledges the applicant declined the offer.
- Click Save.
- Click Continue to move to the next section.
In this section, you can add instructions for accepting and declining offers. The Activity Display Name defaults to Extend Offer and the activity expiration defaults to 150 days, but you can adjust this setting in the Activity Expiration drop-down. The following options are available:
- Default Expiration: use the default of 150 days from activation.
- Number of Days from Activation: specify the number of days from activation the activity will expire.
- Calendar Date: enter a date on which the activity will expire.
- Rolling: activity will not expire and applicants can submit it on a rolling basis.
Note that expired activities are not visible to applicants. You can also opt to allow applicants to upload documents after the program’s deadline date.
Create Extend Offer Question
- In the Question field, enter the text that will prompt applicants to accept or decline the offer. If you already have a question configured, click the pencil icon to edit it.
- The Answer Options display as Accept or Decline and cannot be edited. Click Save.
Submit for Activation
Once you complete all required fields and save your Extend Offer activity, click Submit for Review to submit it to the Client Support Specialist team for activation. A success message displays.
The Client Support Specialist team will then activate the Applicant Gateway activity within two business days. If you need your activity activated as soon as possible, contact the Client Support Specialist team.
Once activated, the activity is available the next morning and can be assigned to applicants in WebAdMIT.
Important: once you submit the Extend Offer activity for activation, you can no longer edit it. Submit only when you are sure that the activity is complete and you have reviewed for accuracy. If you need to make edits after submission, contact the Client Support Specialist team. Requests for edits will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please note that in most cases changes cannot be made.
To contact the Client Support Specialist team, call 857-304-2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicant Gateway activities can be in the following statuses:
- Draft means that this is a new, fully-editable Applicant Gateway. It has not been sent to the Client Support Specialist team for activation. It is not yet available to assign to applicants.
- Ready for Review means that the Applicant Gateway was submitted for activation by the Client Support Specialist team. It is currently locked and only the Client Support Specialist team can make changes.
- Active means that the Applicant Gateway was activated. Active Applicant Gateways can be assigned to applicants via WebAdMIT.