How to Link Your SlideRoom Application
In addition to the core CAS application, some institutions use SlideRoom to collect and review additional application requirements. If you're using SlideRoom as part of your admissions review process, you can link your SlideRoom application with the CAS application.
- From the Program Editor page in the CAS Configuration Portal, click the SlideRoom checkbox, then click the SlideRoom link.
- Add instructions to help guide applicants (optional). This text appears at the top of the page.
- Enter your SlideRoom Organization Code and Program Code (note: these codes are typically alphanumeric and are configured when setting up your SlideRoom Program). If you don't know these codes, contact your SlideRoom Administrator or your SlideRoom Account Manager.
- Use the toggle key to indicate if the SlideRoom application must be completed in order for applicants to submit the CAS application. If you leave this toggle key switched off, applicants can opt in or out of completing their SlideRoom application. If they do opt in, they can submit their CAS application without needing to complete their SlideRoom application. To require applicants to complete their SlideRoom application, switch the toggle key on (to the green check mark).
How Applicants Complete the SlideRoom Portfolio
Similar to Documents, Questions, Recommendations, etc., applicants fulfill the SlideRoom application requirements via a tab in the Program Materials section. This tab contains any customized instructions provided by you and a Start button to begin the linking process.
When an applicant clicks Start, they are redirected to SlideRoom and presented with two options:
- Log in with an existing account.
- Create a new account.
Applicants who already have a SlideRoom account with an in-progress application should choose to Log in with an existing account (if they inadvertently choose to Create a new account, they’ll need to complete a new SlideRoom application). Applicants who do not yet have a SlideRoom account should choose to Create a new account.
Once the applicant completes their SlideRoom application, they return to the CAS application and click the Update button. The SlideRoom application syncs with CAS, and the section is marked complete.
- Some schools may choose to link multiple CAS programs to the same SlideRoom application. When an applicant completes the SlideRoom application for one of these programs, the application is marked as complete for the other programs.
- Applicants can choose to complete the SlideRoom application outside of the CAS application (for example, using a direct link to the application). However, to link their SlideRoom application to the CAS application, they must create a CAS account and follow the process described in the preceding section.
How Programs Access the SlideRoom Portfolio
You can access an applicant's SlideRoom portfolio through WebAdMIT. On the Applicant Details page, navigate to the SlideRoom Application panel and click the applicant's SlideRoom portfolio link. The portfolio's status and completion date are also listed in this panel.
Note that you must enter your SlideRoom credentials the first time you access any applicant’s portfolio from a link through WebAdMIT.
The Status and Completion Date fields are searchable via the List Manager and exportable via the Export Manager. An additional WebAdMIT Program ID field is available in the List Manager and Export Manager, so that you can pair the SlideRoom Status and Completion Date fields with the appropriate WebAdMIT designation.