Some CAS's allow programs to collect official GRE scores electronically from Educational Testing Service (ETS). This functionality makes it easier for:
- Applicants to add official GRE scores to their application and report them to your program.
- Admissions staff to receive and view verified score data within WebAdMIT.
CAS Setup Process
To receive official GRE scores electronically, you must have a CAS-specific GRE code. This code is different from a school- or program-specific code you may already have. For example, a CAS-specific code might be ABC University CASPA, whereas your school-specific code might be ABC University. To determine if your school or program already has a CAS-specific GRE code, review this document.
To request a CAS-specific GRE code for your school or program:
- Contact your Account Manager (AM) or Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) to confirm your CAS participates in this program.
- If your CAS participates, you'll need to complete and submit an application to ETS and authorize ETS to release scores to a third part (i.e., the CAS). Your AM/CSM can help you obtain this application from your CAS Association contact.
- Once your application is approved and your code is generated, ETS will send you a confirmation letter with your code. Once you receive this code, email it to the WebAdMIT Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it to your program's WebAdMIT account.
Note: Once you begin completing the application, you can contact ETS Code Control at 609-771-7091 or email@example.com with any questions.
UniCAS Setup Process
If you are a UniCAS client, contact Judy Lauter at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process.
How Applicants Request Scores
To submit official GRE scores to your program, applicants must:
- Retrieve your CAS-specific GRE code. This code is posted in the CAS Help Center, but we also encourage you to post it on your website and program home page. Remember that a CAS-specific GRE code is different from a school- or program-specific code; ensure you provide applicants with the right code(s) so they don’t get confused.
- Provide the code to ETS and request that their scores be released to the CAS.
- Once ETS processes the request, scores are sent to the CAS in batches (via encryption) and then posted to applications every 2-3 days. Only scores that have CAS-specific GRE codes will post to the applicant's application. Applicants can view which scores are attached to their application in the Standardized Tests section of the Check Status tab.
Note: If the applicant's name or date of birth appears differently on their GRE than it does on their CAS application, the scores will not automatically post to their application. This often occurs when applicants’ names contain hyphens, apostrophes, etc. We advise applicants to wait until ETS processes the scores, then contact the CAS Customer Service departnent so they can manually connect the scores to the application.