Applicant data moves between the Applicant Portal and WebAdMIT at certain points in the application process. Once an applicant submits their application, you can view their full application data in WebAdMIT. You can view which parts of the application an applicant can edit after submitting to your program in the Application Locking Behavior guide.
Whenever applicant data is transmitted from the Applicant Portal into WebAdMIT, the following fields are also updated:
- Last CAS Update field in the Applicant Header
- Application Last Changed On field in the List Manager
- Application Last Changed On field in the Export Manager
Actions that Move Applicant Data
The following actions cause all current applicant data to automatically transfer into WebAdMIT. Note that not all actions may occur for your CAS. Contact a member of your account team with any questions.
Applicant actions that cause applicant data to move include:
- Updates to the My Profile and Biographic Information sections (i.e., name, phone number, email, sex/gender, and birth information)
- Addition or removal of programs
- Change of answer for release statements
- Submitting the application
- Link external ID to the application (e.g., BU ID and Common App ID)
- After submission, if an applicant adds information to sections of the application that are still editable (e.g., documents under Supporting Information, experiences, achievements, etc.) and clicks Update My Application, applicant data transfers into WebAdMIT.
Evaluator (i.e., recommender, reference) actions that cause applicant data to move include:
- Accepting an evaluation request
- Completing and submitting an evaluation
Liaison processes that cause applicant data to move include:
- Changes in application statuses
- Receipt of official transcripts
- Deletion of prior transcripts (note that this is rare)
- Receipt of foreign evaluations
- Receipt of completed letters of evaluation
- Receipt of official test scores
- Fee waiver changes
- Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) changes
- Verification of coursework
- GPA recalculation
- Academic Update changes
- Applicant Gateway changes
- Note added to an applicant's account by Liaison staff (e.g., application is withdrawn). This is found under the Notes panel.
- On rare occasions, Liaison staff can manually cause applicant data to move if information needs to be retransmitted to ensure accuracy between the application and WebAdMIT.
Actions that Don't Move Applicant Data
The following actions do not cause all current applicant data to automatically transfer into WebAdMIT. Instead, an applicant must click Update My Application or perform another action above to have all their current application information moved into WebAdMIT.
- An applicant makes a post-submission change (where available) and does not click Update My Application.
- An applicant uploads a document under Program Materials.
- An In Progress applicant updates a section without submitting or performing another action above.
Transferring In Progress Applicant Data
Review the How Data Visibility is Impacted by Application Statuses page to learn what type of view you have of In Progress applicants. The In Progress applicant information that automatically feeds into WebAdMIT is reflective of the data visibility.
For example, if you see limited panels (i.e. partial view) for In Progress applicants, such as the Contact Information, Designations, and Emails panels, then only updates to an applicant's name, phone number, and email transfer into WebAdMIT. Once the applicant submits their application, you can view their current, full application.
Alternatively, if you see all panels for In Progress applicants (i.e., full view), then you can view all applicant data before an applicant submits their application. However, this data is affected by the transferring actions noted above and may be subject to change. Review the following case scenarios to better understand this process.
- If an In Progress applicant completes their entire application on November 1, 2019, and on November 15, 2019, makes a change to their phone number, then all current information in the application as of November 15, 2019 is transferred into WebAdMIT.
- If an In Progress applicant completes their entire application on November 1, 2019, and on November 15, 2019, uploads a program-specific document under Program Materials, then only the applicant information as of November 1, 2019 displays in WebAdMIT. The In Progress applicant must make a change to a section that causes the data to automatically flow over (e.g., adding a new program) to transfer the current information as of November 15, 2019 from the application into WebAdMIT.