Many fields in the Applicant Portal contain predefined answer values that applicants can select; for example, the Country and County fields both have predefined answer values. These values are housed in shared “lookup tables” which are viewable in your CAS’s/UniCAS’s Custom Export Layout (CEL) file (located under Help in WebAdMIT).
Periodically, we receive requests to update these lookup tables to include additional response options for some of the standard questions in the Applicant Portal. We strive to respond to these requests while acknowledging that some updates can potentially impact schools that are leveraging that data in WebAdMIT exports. See below for the timeline and guidance for optimal implementation.
- June 1 – July 9, 2020: Account Managers meet with clients to review the upcoming changes.
- August 16, 2020: updated CELs are available.
- September 13, 2020: new lookup table values appear in the Applicant Portal.
The following sections provide more detail on this timeline.
Changes to Applicant Portal Lookup Tables
The following updates were made:
- Added Madera Community College Center
- Added Touro College of Dental Medicine at New York Medical College
- Changed American Academy of Art to AMERICAN ACADEMY OF ART COLLEGE
- Changed Bryn Athyn College of The New Church to BRYN ATHYN COLLEGE
- Changed City College at Montana State University to City College at Montana State University Billings
- Changed Elmhurst College to Elmhurst University
- Changed Milligan College to MILLIGAN UNIVERSITY
- Changed Mount Marty College to Mount Marty University
- Changed Richard Bland College to RICHARD BLAND COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY
- Changed University of Colorado - Denver and Health Sciences Center to UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO - DENVER
- Added Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Changed Associate Arts to Associate of Arts
- Added Industrial Distribution
- Changed Nurse Practicioner to Nurse Practitioner
- Added Space Force
Changes to WebAdMIT Custom Export Layouts and the Master College Code List
On August 16, 2020, the new CELs became available and contain the new lookup table values that correspond to the Changes to Applicant Portal Lookup Tables.
Note that the Master College Code List and Master High School Code List are not published in our CELs. Instead, they are available online in the WebAdMIT Help Center. Additionally, the Master College Code List and Master High School Code List are updated once a year in the spring.
If you currently export data from WebAdMIT to your school’s Student Information System (SIS) or another database, share this information with your Information Technology (IT) team.
As of September 13, 2020, applicants will be able to select the new options in the application.
If your school imports these fields directly from our system to yours, these new options will begin appearing in your exports as applicants select them. If you created a “crosswalk” from WebAdMIT data to your local data in your SIS/CRM, you may need to update this crosswalk for the newly added options.
Once the new lookup table values become available to applicants on, they’re reflected in WebAdMIT in the applicant’s profile, within the application PDF, and in lists and exports.
Lookup table change requests should be sent to your Account Manager, who will compile and review these requests prior to inclusion in the next lookup table update. A similar schedule will be provided closer to that time.