Creating Local Statuses
Local Statuses allow you to track applicants by Designation during each stage of your admissions process. Optionally, Local Statuses can be matched to Decision Codes. Decision Codes are standard CAS-wide codes used for categorization and reporting of applicants. If a Local Status is linked to a Decision Code, when you change an applicant’s Local Status, WebAdMIT automatically updates the Decision Code.
1. Using the Menu Bar, open the Management panel, then click Local Status.
2. Click New Local Status.
3. Enter a name and select whether the status is active.
4. Select the related Decision Code.
Note: Available Decision Codes are established by each CAS. For any questions or change requests, contact your Account Manager.
5. Choose a color to visually represent your status.
6. Select an Email Template to link to this Local Status. When an applicant is moved into this Local Status, a window prompts you to send, edit, save as a draft, or do not send the linked email template. Note that this option only appears when email templates exist.
7. Enter a description, select the programs associated with this status, then click Submit.
Changing an Applicant's Local Status
Once Local Statuses have been created, they can be assigned to applicants individually from the Designations panel on the Applicant Details page. They can also be assigned in batch via Lists, Searches, or the Clipboard. Local Statuses are created by a WebAdMIT Administrator, but anyone with the Change Local Statuses permission enabled in their Work Group can assign or update an applicant's Local Status.
Updating an Applicant's Status Individually
1. Navigate to the Applicant Details Page.
2. Scroll down to the Designations panel.
3. Use the Local Status drop-down to adjust the Local Status.
4. If the new Local Status is associated with an email template, a window prompts you to select an action. Click Send to send the email to all applicants, excluding those who already received it.
Updating Applicants' Statuses in Batch
1. Navigate to any list you've created.
2. Click List Actions.
3. Click Change Checked Applicants' Status.
4. In the window that appears, select your desired status, and check the applicable program.
5. Click Submit.
Note that you may exclude applicants from your change by unchecking them prior to running the Batch Status Update.