WebAdMIT allows you to group and manage applicants by common criteria. Once you create a list, you can access it as needed and perform various actions. Lists are dynamic and update as your applicant pool changes. The List Manager allows you to create Field Lists based on data from the application, and Composite Lists based on existing Field Lists.
Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicant Lists panel, then click List Manager.
Creating a Field List
Use field lists to search for applicants using and/or criteria. For example, you can create a list that contains female applicants who are in-state (i.e. female and in-state), or a list that contains applicants who reside in a regional area (i.e. MA or CT or VT or RI).
1. From the List Manager page, click New Field List.
2. Name the list, indicate if it should appear in the Menu Bar under the Applicant Lists panel (this option provides you with quick access to run the list), and select who can view it (just yourself, specific Work Groups, or all Work Groups). Then, determine if you want your query to match all or any of the rules you will subsequently establish.
3. Next, create a query by selecting a field, an operator, and criteria.
4. If applicable, click the plus or minus signs to add or remove a criterion.
5. When you are finished adding criteria, click Submit.
Using List Operators
The fields you select are associated with several operators, as follows:
All Field Types
Lookup, String, Numeric, and Date
Numeric and Date Only
Excluding Null Values
When searching your applicant pool, consider including a second operator of Is Not Null if you wish to ignore empty fields. This ensures your resulting list includes only those applicants with data in a given field.
For example, if you want a list of applicants who reported Experiences outside of the United States, but you don’t want to include the applicants who did not report any Experience at all:
- Include applicants who match all your rules, and
- Use the operators does not equal and is not null.
Some applicant questions may result in multiple answers. For example, an applicant could report speaking multiple languages, having multiple ethnicities, or having multiple parents.
When you create a list on a field with multiple values, the resulting list includes any applicant that has at least one value meeting the defined conditions. For example, if you would like to see all applicants who have a parent from a country other than the United States, create a list on the field Country of Legal Residence in the field group Parents/Guardians and include the operators:
- Country does not equal United States
- Country is not null
The resulting list includes all applicants who have at least one parent that meets these conditions, though not all their parents are from a non-US country.
Applying List Actions to Selected Applicants
Using the checkboxes in the first column of your search results, you can select multiple applicants and apply an action.
- Assign Checked Applicants: Assign the selected applicants to a specific admission user (you must have at least one Assignment Type set up).
- Interview Checked Applicants: Create an Interview for the selected applicants (you must have at least one Interview Type set up).
- Change Checked Applicants' Status: Change the Local Status for the selected applicants.
- Email Checked Applicants: Send an email to the selected applicants.
- Update Custom Fields for Checked Applicants: Update the custom fields that have been defined for selected applicants.
- Accept Checked Applicants Requirement Criterion: Select a requirement and update the response to that requirement for the selected applicants (this function only appears if requirements are configured).
- Export List Name: Export the list to .csv, .xls, or .txt formats.
- Edit List Rules: Return to list setup and change, add, or delete list criteria.
Warning: Dispensing Assignments and/or Interviews is an advanced function that can’t be undone in batch. Confirm that your search results and selections are accurate before performing the change.
From the List Manager, you have several options to work with the lists that have been created.
To reorder a list, use the grip icon to drag and drop the list into the preferred order.
To modify a list, click the pencil icon. Note that only list owners can perform edits. If you'd like to edit (or see the criteria of) a list that you are not the owner of, you can create a copy of it instead.
Copying Existing Lists
To copy an existing list, click the duplicate icon.
To delete a list, click the remove icon. Note that only list owners can delete lists. Additionally, any associated exports using the list will also be deleted (you will be prompted to confirm that you want to proceed).
To export a list, click the export icon. Selecting this option will take you to the Export Manager with the desired list pre-selected.
Emailing Applicants in a List
To email the applicants in a list, click the envelope icon. This will take you to the email editor with the desired list pre-selected.