WebAdMIT allows you to group and manage applicants by common criteria. Once you create a list, you can access it as needed and perform various actions. Lists are dynamic and update as your applicant pool changes. The List Manager allows you to create Field Lists based on data from the application, and Composite Lists based on existing Field Lists.
Creating Composite Lists
There are situations where you may wish to create a more advanced list, one that queries for applicants that match several criteria and/or several other criteria simultaneously. This can be accomplished using the Composite List feature. Specifically, composite lists allow you to combine "any" and "all" functions in one list. For example, you can create a list that contains:
- All applicants residing in NY and in the Wait Listed Decision Code, and
- All applicants residing outside of NY and in the Deferred Decision Code.
1. Click New Composite List.
2. Name the list, decide who can see it, and whether it will appear on your toolbar or not.
3. Begin configuring criteria for your Composite List by selecting one of your previously created Field Lists from the drop-down, and selecting "applicant appears in list" or "applicant does not appear in list" as your operator.
4. Add one or more additional lists to use in your query.
5. Select the option to match "any" or "all" of the rules.
6. Click Submit.
Applying List Actions to Selected Applicants
Using the checkboxes in the first column of your search results, you can select multiple applicants and apply an action.
- Assign Checked Applicants: Assign the selected applicants to a specific admission user (you must have at least one Assignment Type set up).
- Interview Checked Applicants: Create an Interview for the selected applicants (you must have at least one Interview Type set up).
- Change Checked Applicants' Status: Change the Local Status for the selected applicants.
- Email Checked Applicants: Send an email to the selected applicants.
- Update Custom Fields for Checked Applicants: Update the custom fields that have been defined for selected applicants.
- Accept Checked Applicants Requirement Criterion: Select a requirement and update the response to that requirement for the selected applicants (this function only appears if requirements are configured).
- Export List Name: Export the list to .csv, .xls, or .txt formats.
- Edit List Rules: Return to list setup and change, add, or delete list criteria.
Warning: Dispensing Assignments and/or Interviews is an advanced function that can’t be undone in batch. Confirm that your search results and selections are accurate before performing the change.