Getting Started with Searching Your Applicant Pool
If you're just getting started with searching your applicant pool, we recommend you review the following information:
- Run quick, basic searches on your applicants, such as searching by their name or grouping applicants by program.
- Build lists that filter applicants by multiple criteria (e.g., regional applicants, Verified applicants with a high GPA, etc.). Be sure to review the Template Naming Tips page for best practices in naming templates you create.
- Combine lists to create advanced searches (e.g., regional applicants who are Verified with a high GPA).
- Create a personal ad hoc list of applicants, setting them aside for later use.
The Clipboard allows you to store an ad hoc list of applicants for quick access. Clipboards are user-specific and you can add as many applicants as necessary.
Accessing the Clipboard
Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicants panel, then click Clipboard.
Adding Applicants to the Clipboard
There are several ways to add applicants to the clipboard. You can add applicants:
- Individually from the Applicant Details Page
- In batch from Search Actions
- In batch from the Clipboard using the Add to Clipboard from CSV option, where available
To add applicants to the Clipboard individually, go to the Applicant Details page and click Add to Clipboard.
Adding Applicants to the Clipboard Using a CSV File
Where applicable, you can add applicants to the Clipboard using a CSV file. To do so, you'll need to create the file containing the desired applicant IDs. For the file to work, you should:
- Save the file in CSV format
- Use one column, with applicant_id as the column header
- List the CAS IDs in the cells below
Note that the column header is not case sensitive. Once your file is created, go to the Clipboard and click Add Applicants from .CSV to Clipboard in the Clipboard Actions menu.
Any applicants that match the CAS IDs listed in your file are now added to your Clipboard. If any CAS IDs were entered incorrectly or don't match any applicants that you have access to, a message appears indicating there were applicants that could not be added.
Removing Applicants from the Clipboard
From your Clipboard, navigate to the Applicant Details page of the applicant you want to remove, then click Remove from Clipboard. You can also remove all applicants from the Clipboard simultaneously via Clipboard Actions.
Applying Clipboard Actions to Selected Applicants
Use the checkboxes in the first column of your search results to select multiple applicants and apply an action.
- Assign Checked Applicants: assign the selected applicants to a specific admission user (this function only appears if Assignments are configured).
- Interview Checked Applicants: create an Interview for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Interviews are configured).
- Change Checked Applicants' Status: change the Local Status for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Local Statuses are configured).
- Email Checked Applicants: send an email to the selected applicants.
- Clear Last Exported Date Timestamp for Checked Applicants: remove the Last Exported date recorded in WebAdMIT for the selected applicants.
- Update Custom Fields for Checked Applicants: update the custom fields that have been defined for selected applicants (this function only appears if Custom Fields are configured).
- Remove Checked Applicants: remove the checked applicants from the Clipboard.
- Accept Checked Applicants Requirement Criterion: select a requirement and update the response to that requirement for the selected applicants (this function only appears if Requirements are configured).
- Enable Applicant Gateway Activities for Checked Applicants: activate the pre-configured Applicant Gateway activities for selected applicants (only available for select CASs; this function only appears if Applicant Gateway activities are configured).
- Empty Clipboard: remove all applicants from the Clipboard.
- Export Clipboard: export the Clipboard to .csv, .xls, or .txt formats.
Warning: dispensing Assignments and/or Interviews is an advanced function that can’t be undone in batch. Confirm that your search results and selections are accurate before performing the change.