1. From any applicant record, click the applicant’s name to view the Applicant Details page.
2. Information appears in categorized, collapsible panels. To expand and collapse panels, click the widget.
Applicant Details Panels
The panels that display are determined by users’ Work Groups; only applicant header information will display if panels are not permissioned to a Work Group.
The Applicant Header displays key demographic information, including:
- Applicant Name
- Applicant Photo
- AAMC ID
- Application Status, which appears as a flag (highlighted in green). For the 2018 application cycle, this will always appear as Verified. In the 2019 cycle limited data will be available for applicants who have not yet been verified but will be displayed in a Received status.
- An All Evaluations Received flag (highlighted in lilac) appears if all letters of evaluation have been received.
- The most recent date and time that information was transmitted from AMCAS to WebAdMIT for AMCAS (i.e. Last AAMC Update)
Additionally, the top right corner of the Applicant Header provides navigation options to move between applicants.
Uploading an Applicant Photo
From the Applicant Details page, you can upload a photo in .jpg, .gif, .bmp, and .png formats. We recommend a size of 640x480. Note that photos are optional and are not provided by AMCAS.
- Click Upload in the Applicant Header section.
- Click Browse to find and select the photo on your computer. Note that a list of programs appears in the Applicant Photo dialog box. WebAdMIT for AMCAS automatically selects the programs that the applicant applied to. If necessary, uncheck any programs, then click Upload.
This panel displays the applicant’s contact information, including:
- Preferred Address
- Permanent Address
- Alternate Contact
This panel displays the program at your school to which the applicant applied, as well as:
- Local Status
- Decision Code
- Application Status
- Application Available Date (the date the application was delivered to your school by AMCAS)
- Details (additional information about the designation, such as year(s) of previous application and graduate program interest tracks, if applicable)
This panel displays the scoring model used for the applicant, as well as the actual score and a detailed view of score calculations.
To view the score calculations, click Details. Details displayed include:
- Scorable Field name
- Input score (original score)
- Table applied to score that component
- Multiplier used
- Component Score (final score)
Scores are automatically updated when changes are made to an applicant’s score or a Scoring Model. However, if you make a change directly in the Scoring panel, you’ll need to click Refresh Applicant's Scores to view the updated component scores.
Applicant scores can be exported via the Export Manager and are searchable in the List Manager; a Scoring Details report can be generated using the Report Manager tool.
This panel displays the users who completed or are assigned to complete Assignments for the Applicant.
This panel displays the users who completed or are assigned to complete Interviews for the Applicant.
This panel displays the applicant’s documents transmitted from AMCAS . Documents uploaded by local program staff also appear here. Documents sources can include:
- Investigation Report: This document appears when AMCAS has completed an investigation of the applicant. Note that the received date is the date the document was received into WebAdMIT from AMCAS.
- Narrative Evaluation: This document appears when a narrative evaluation is provided for the applicant. Note that the received date is the date the document was received into WebAdMIT from AMCAS.
- Letters of evaluation that were completed by the applicant’s evaluators (also available from the Evaluations panel). Note that the received date is the date the document was received by AMCAS.
- Full Application PDF: This document is a full PDF of the application. Note that the received date is the date the document was made available in AMCAS.
On the Document panel the Document column contains the PDF icon and the Source column displays one of these document source types. To view a document, click the PDF icon.
To attach a document, enter a description (name), click Browse to find and select the document on your computer, then click Upload.
Note: Beginning with the 2019 cycle, a full application PDF that will include admission data will be available in WebAdMIT for AMCAS and will respect the user permissions as defined by the user’s work group.
This panel displays the letters of evaluation that were completed by the applicant’s evaluators. Letters of evaluation are also available on the Documents Panel.
To view evaluator information, click Evaluator Details.
To view additional evaluator information, if applicable, click Additional Evaluators.
Note: When a letter of evaluation is received more than once, a separate line item displays for each receipt date, even if the letter is the same.
This panel displays the applicant’s personal information, including:
- Biographic Information
- Race & Ethnicity
- Citizenship and Residency Information
- Parent/Guardian (note: expand the education section to view any schools attended by the parent/guardian, then expand the Residency section for more information)
- Other information, such as military status or languages spoken
This panel displays felony, misdemeanor, institutional, or military infractions reported by the applicant. If the applicant reported Yes to an infraction, expand that section for more information.
This panel displays supplemental application information. The fields that display here are configured by your WebAdMIT for AMCAS administrator.
This panel displays a series of post-secondary GPAs calculated for the applicant. Some of the GPAS are calculated by AMCAS, while other are customized by you and calculated by WebAdMIT for AMCAS. Some of the GPAs include:
- GPAs by Year
- Local GPAs
- Prerequisite GPAs
- Supplemental Hours
Official MCATs (Before Jan 31, 2015)
This panel displays the applicant’s official MCAT scores for exams takes before January 31, 2015, and includes the following score components:
- Test Date: Date the test was taken
- Total: Total Score
- Total Pct: Total Percentile Low - High
- VR: Verbal Reasoning Score
- VR PCT: Verbal Reasoning Low - High Percentile
- PS: Physical Sciences Score
- PS Pct: Physical Science Low - High Percentile
- BS: Biological Sciences Score
- BS Pct: Biological Science Low - High Percentile
- WS: Writing Sample Score
- WS Pct: Writing Sample Low - High Percentile
Note : During the Beta Testing period, High Percentile represents the "percentile" when comparing it to an MCAT After Jan 31 2015 score. Starting with the 2019 application cycle, this will be displayed as a single percentile value instead of a range.
Official MCATs (After Jan 31, 2015)
This panel displays the applicant’s MCAT scores for exams taken after January 31, 2015, and includes the following score components:
- Test Date: Date the test was taken
- Total: Total Score
- Confidence Band: Ranges in which scores lie
- Total Pct: Total Percentile Low to High
- CPBS: Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems Score
- CPBS Pct: Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems Percentile
- CARS: Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills Score
- CARS Pct: Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills Percentile
- BBFL: Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems Score
- BBFL Pct: Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems Score
- PSBB: Psychological, Social and Biological Foundations of Behavior Score
- PSBB Pct: Psychological, Social and Biological Foundations of Behavior Percentile
Note: When an applicant is planning to take a test, a blank row in the panel displays for the planned test date. This blank row remains even when the actual score is received.
To view graphical information, click View Graph.
To view additional score details, click Details.
Applicant Reported Other Tests
This panel displays "Other Tests" reported by the applicant
This panel displays the undergraduate institution(s), graduate institution(s), and high school(s) attended by the applicant, as well as any previous matriculation to a medical school.
This panel displays the status of supplemental application materials and information, such as fees or deadlines.
This panel displays a summary of your prerequisites, if the applicant has completed them, and (if so) the applicant's total credits and average GPA used to fulfill the criterion.
Prerequisites that are built in WebAdMIT for AMCAS will be matched by admissions users and are not visible to applicants. Prerequisite criteria can be fulfilled in two ways:
- Associate the prerequisite with a course from the Electronic Transcript. When the matched course(s) meets the GPA and Credit thresholds that you have determined (labeled as "Min. GPA" and "Min. Sem. Hours" on the Prerequisite GPA panel), the criterion is marked as fulfilled. To view the course(s) that is fulfilling a criterion, click the Details link. To view all courses matched to a criterion, click Expand all.
- Manually fulfill the criterion. To manually fulfill a criterion, click the Force Fulfill checkbox.
This panel displays all the competencies for each program and lists the experiences that are matched to it.
This panel displays a normalized view of the applicant’s post-secondary academic coursework, including the AMCAS standardized classification and grade.
Note: This panel currently displays only one course type per course. Beginning with the 2019 application cycle, multiple course types will be displayed.
Additionally, Verification Symbols indicate the status of verified coursework:
|Verification Symbol||Verification Description|
Not listed on transcript
Verified correct – no change
Verified – change required
Not listed on transcript - change
No verification required
To view additional information about a course, click the Details link.
To group courses by academic status, course number, classification, or term, select an option from the and group by drop-down list.
Viewing Local GPAs
To review courses that comprise a Local GPA, select a Local GPA template from the View drop-down list.
The resulting view displays a column of checkboxes; checked courses are included in the Local GPA you are viewing. To remove a course from the Local GPA, uncheck the box.
To restrict the view to only the courses included in the selected Local GPA, click the Hide Unrelated Courses checkbox.
Viewing Prerequisite GPAs
To review and add courses to specific Prerequisite GPAs, select a Prerequisite GPA template from the View drop-down list.
The resulting view displays a requirements column. To add a course to a prerequisite, click the Prerequisite GPAs button.
This panel displays the applicant’s Personal Comments essay, MD/PhD essay (if applicable), and Significant Research Experience essay (if applicable).
This panel displays the applicant’s reported work, activities, and experiences.
If the applicant indicated that professional or volunteer experience was “most meaningful,” click Yes to open a dialog box and view the applicant’s additional comments.
To view a summary of the experience, click Description.
To view additional information about the experience (i.e. organization, contact information, etc.), click Details.
Note: If an applicant reports an experience with multiple start and end dates each occurrence displays as a separate line item. Beginning with the 2019 application cycle, these occurrences will be combined.
This panel displays three sets of indicators for the applicant.
- General Indicators, including:
- FAP Indicator: Did this applicant receive assistance through the Fee Assistance Program?
- SES Disadvantage Indicator: Does this applicant have a Socioeconomic Status Disadvantage Indicator?
- SES EO Level: What is the Socioeconomic Status Disadvantage level for this applicant?
- Self-Reported Disadvantaged Indicator: Has the applicant reported themselves as coming from a disadvantaged background? If so, select Yes to view the applicant’s explanation.
2. Geographic Indicators indicate if the counties listed in the applicant’s Preferred Address, Permanent Address, Alternate Contact Address, Childhood Address, Birth Address, Residency Address, or High School Attended are considered rural or medically underserved.
3. Childhood Indicators provide additional reported information about the applicant’s economic childhood situation.
This panel displays email correspondence with the applicant. To view an email, click the email name.
Note: If merge fields are incorporated into an email, the merge fields display instead of the applicant’s information. To see an email with all applicant information filled in for the merge fields and any logos, send a preview to yourself.
This panel displays recorded notes and comments about the applicant. Notes entered here can be viewed by all users with access to this panel.
Creating a Note
- To create a note, click New Note.
- Enter your note in the Add Your Note text box, then click Save.
Deleting a Note
To delete a note, place your cursor under the note’s text, then click Delete. Note that only a note author can delete their note.
This panel displays a change log that includes the following:
- AMCAS Updates (Note that the change date reflects the last date this information was transmitted from AMCAS to WebAdMIT for AMCAS, not the date it was changed by the applicant.)
- Local Status Changes.
If your school uses the Applicant Gateway to allow applicants to complete additional admissions activities, this panel displays the following information:
- Available activities.
- Any documents uploaded by applicants, including the source and date received.
- Scheduled Interviews.
- Supplemental application questions and answers.
- Supplemental application fees, due date, and the date the fee was paid or waived.