Sending Emails from the Applicant Details Page
- From the Contact Information panel of the Applicant Details page, click the email button, or go to the Emails panel and click New Email.
- Select the recipients and a reply-to address.
3. Select a template, if applicable, and format your email. The email editor allows you to:
- Bold, Italicize, and Underline text
- Change font type
- Change font size
- Use merge fields
- Change font color and background color
- Create a link or insert an image
- Create numbered list, bullet points, and increase or decrease the indentation
- Left, Center, or Right justify text
4. To add an image or logo:
- Obtain a URL link for the image. You can do this by either searching online for your image or working with your IT or Marketing staff.
- Next, click the image icon and insert the desired link.
- You may also drag and drop the image into the email template (if dragging and dropping from a website, be sure you are using the same browser), or click the image icon, then enter the image's link. Note that an error message displays when an incorrect image link or data URL is used, or if the image is not hosted online.
Right-click on the image to edit its properties, including size.
To personalize the message using mail merge fields, click the lightbulb icon, then select the information you want to merge into the message.
5. When you are finished composing your email, click Send to send the email, Save Draft to save but not send the email, Send preview… to view a preview of the email, or Return to Applicant to cancel the email.
Note: If the applicant replies to the email, their response is routed to your selected reply-to address.
Searching for Correspondence
The Search Correspondence function allows you to view correspondence that was sent or is waiting to be sent to applicants.
Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicants panel, then click Search Correspondence.
You can apply one or more filters to refine the list of search results. Only applicants you have permission to view will appear in your results. To apply filters, click the Show Filters button.
Note: When using the Date Created filter, WebAdMIT for AMCAS searches for correspondence sent on or before the selected date.
Click Sort Results to sort your results by name, email address, or ID number.
Viewing Email Statuses from the Search Correspondence Page
From the Search Correspondence results, you can view the status of emails. Additionally, you can:
- Click the pencil icon to edit a draft email.
- Click the remove icon to delete a draft email.
Email statuses include:
- The message was rejected by the recipient’s email server; you should verify the recipient’s email address. If incorrect, the applicant should update this information by returning to their AMCAS application. If correct, contact the WebAdMIT for AMCAS Support Team.
- The recipient received the message, opened it, and clicked a link or image.
- The message was not sent and is in queue for redelivery.
- The recipient’s email server received the message; however, this does not indicate that the applicant opened or viewed the message. The recipient may have recently changed their email address, or they may have rules or junk mail settings enabled that prevent the email from reaching the inbox. Applicants are encouraged (in the application instructions) to maintain updated contact information and disable junk mail filters.
- The email provider is preventing delivery of the message. Messages are typically dropped when they contain an invalid (or non-existent) email address, or when the recipient marks a previous WebAdMIT for AMCAS message as spam. Contact the WebAdMIT for AMCAS Support Team. Additionally, you may want to confirm with the recipient that you have the correct address, and that they added email@example.com to their "safe senders" list.
- The message was not sent. Try manually sending the email.
- The recipient received the message and opened it.
- The message is being processed for delivery to the recipient.
- Spam Report: The recipient reported the email as spam.
- The status of the email can’t be determined. This status typically appears for recently sent emails and is replaced by another status within 24 hours.
Note: Some emails will remain indefinitely in a status of Sent or Delivered if the recipient’s email server fails to process read receipts.