WebAdMIT for AMCAS allows you to group and manage applicants by common criteria. Once you create a list, you can access it as needed and perform various actions. Lists are dynamic and update as your applicant pool changes.
Using the Menu Bar, open the Applicant Lists panel, then click List Manager.
Creating a Field List
Use field lists to search for applicants using and/or criterion. For example, you can create a list that contains female applicants who are in-state (i.e. female and in-state), or a list that contains applicants who reside in a regional area (i.e. MA or CT or VT or RI).
- From the List Manager page, click the New Field List button.
- Name the list, select who can view it (just you or everyone at your school), and indicate if it should appear in the Menu Bar under the Applicant Lists panel (this option provides you with quick access to run the list). Then, determine if you want your query to match all or any of the rules you will subsequently establish. You can think of this as AND/OR logic, except in WebAdMIT for AMCAS and = all and any = or.
- Next, create a query by selecting a field, an operator, and criteria.
- If applicable, click the plus and minus signs to add or remove criteria. When you are finished adding criteria, click Submit.
Using List Operators
The fields you select are associated with several operators, as follows:
All Field Types
Lookup, String, and Numeric
Excluding Null Values
When searching your applicant pool, consider including a second operator of Is Not Null if you wish to ignore empty fields. This ensures your resulting list includes only those applicants with data in a given field.
For example, if you want a list of applicants who reported Experiences outside of the United States, but you don’t want to include the applicants who did not report any Experience at all:
- Include applicants who match all your rules, and
- Use the operators does not equal and is not null.
Fields with Multiple Values
Some applicant questions may result in multiple answers. For example, an applicant could report speaking multiple languages, having multiple ethnicities, or having multiple parents.
When you create a list on a field with multiple values, the resulting list includes any applicant that has at least one value meeting the defined conditions. For example, if you would like to see all applicants who have a parent from a country other than the United States, create a list on the field Country of Legal Residence in the field group Parents/Guardians and include the operators:
- Country does not equal United States
- Country is not null
The resulting list includes all applicants who have at least one parent that meets these conditions, but this does not mean that all parents are from a non-US country.
Creating a Composite List
Use composite lists if you need to create a more advanced search that uses multiple sets of query criteria. Specifically, composite lists allow you to combine ‘any’ and ‘all’ functions in one list. For example, you can create a list that contains:
- All applicants residing in NY and in the Hold for Information AMCAS Action code, and
- All applicants residing outside of NY and in the Alternate List Decision Code.
- Before creating a composite list, follow the steps above to create the necessary Field Lists.
- From the List Manager page, click the New Composite List button and begin customizing your new list.
- Select the appropriate query options, including whether you want the applicant to appear in the list. You can select up to three lists.
- When you are finished adding your criteria, click Submit.
Note: Search queries are case-insensitive. Additionally, when searching on numeric fields such as GPA or hours, you can only use numbers and decimals. For example, search 1000 instead of 1,000, or 3000.00 instead of 3,000.00.
To reorder a list, use the grip icon to drag and drop the list into the preferred order.
To modify a list, click the pencil icon. Note that only list owners can perform edits.
Copying Existing Lists
To copy an existing list, click the duplicate icon.
To delete a list, click the remove icon. Note that only list owners can delete lists. Additionally, any associated exports using the list will also be deleted (you will be prompted to confirm that you want to proceed).
To export a list, click the export icon.
Emailing Applicants in a List
To email the applicants in a list, click the envelope icon.
Performing Batch Local Status Updates
Warning: This function can’t be undone. Proceed with caution.
- From a list, click List Actions, then select Change Checked Applicants’ Status from the drop-down.
- Select the new status using the Set status to drop-down, select the associated Designations, then click Submit.
- If the new Local Status is associated with an email template, a dialog box prompts you to select an action. Click Send to send the email to all applicants, excluding those who already received it.