WebAdMIT for AMCAS allows you to create a rich data file containing selected applicant and data elements. Exports are especially useful for committee review meetings and for integration with ERP Systems.
- Using the Menu Bar, open the Reports & Exports panel, then click Export Manager.
- Click New Export.
- Select a List to export.
- Select an export type (.csv, .xls, .txt, or .zip)
- Enter a name for your export.
- Select whether to include column headings (column headings are names of the fields you select for the export).
- Select how you want to export fields with more than one result (this includes fields like College Names, Test Scores, and Evaluations).
- Select as many columns as needed to expand the field to display as many results as needed, based on the applicant pool you have chosen (i.e. if an applicant attended 10 colleges, the college field and all fields in that grouping will expand to 10 columns for all applicants).
- Select exactly to set a fixed number of columns allotted for all one-to-many fields (i.e. you can set it to 2 columns, and colleges attended, test scores, and experiences will expand to 2 columns each). Warning: when selecting this option for an applicant who has more answers than the number of columns you selected, you can’t control which data points appear in the export. Entering a higher number of fixed columns may help ensure that you export all necessary data.
- Select by field category to specify the number of fixed columns for a category. Selecting this option does not allow you to intermingle fields from different categories. Only sections with one-to-many fields offer the “Many” fields allowed: option.
8. Select who can view the export (just you or everyone at your school) and indicate if it should appear in the Menu Bar under the Reports & Exports panel (this option provides you with quick access to run the export).
9. Under the Export these fields… column, click the categories to view and select fields.
10. The fields you select appear in the …in this order. column. If you previously selected .txt for the export type, you can set a fixed width for each item. Depending on the field, you can also select a data transformation option. These options are useful to IT staff when importing into an ERP system.
11. After selecting your fields, use the grip icon to drag and drop them into the preferred order; the top field will export first, and the bottom last. Additionally, you can group by field or numerically.
- Group by Field exports the data by field category (e.g. School 1, School 2, School 3, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3).
- Group by Numeric exports the data by value (e.g. School 1, Year 1, School 2, Year 2, School 3, Year 3).
12. When you’re done adding criteria, click Create File to save and run the export, Save Export Settings to save the customized export for future use, or Return to Export Manager to cancel the export.
Note: An Office 2007 security feature may prevent you from opening an export or report in .xls format. Adjust your export type to .csv to avoid this issue.
Additionally, MS Excel 2003 (and earlier versions) limits data to 255 columns, including data points that may generate more than one column (such as Colleges Attended). For larger exports, please use the .CSV format. These files can be opened in MS Excel 2007 and later, even if they exceed 255 columns. Exceeding the Export Fields limit will result in an "Internal Server Error" message. To export all fields, try dividing the fields into two separate exports.
To run an export, click the export name.
To reorder a list, use the grip icon to drag and drop the list into the preferred order.
To modify an export, click the pencil icon. Note that only export owners can perform edits.
Copying Existing Exports
To copy an existing export, click the duplicate icon.
To delete an export, click the remove icon. Note that only export owners can delete exports.