From the Search Correspondence results, you can view the status of emails. Additionally, you can:
- Click the pencil icon to edit a draft email.
- Click the remove icon to delete a draft email.
Email statuses include:
- Bounced: The message was rejected by the recipient’s email server; you should verify the recipient’s email address. If incorrect, the applicant should update this information by returning to their AMCAS application. If correct, contact the WebAdMIT for AMCAS Support Team.
- Clicked: The recipient received the message, opened it, and clicked a link or image.
- Deferred: The message was not sent and is in queue for redelivery.
- Delivered: The recipient’s email server received the message; however, this does not indicate that the applicant opened or viewed the message. The recipient may have recently changed their email address, or they may have rules or junk mail settings enabled that prevent the email from reaching the inbox. Applicants are encouraged (in the application instructions) to maintain updated contact information and disable junk mail filters.
- Dropped: The email provider is preventing delivery of the message. Messages are typically dropped when they contain an invalid (or non-existent) email address, or when the recipient marks a previous WebAdMIT for AMCAS message as spam. Contact the WebAdMIT for AMCAS Support Team. Additionally, you may want to confirm with the recipient that you have the correct address, and that they added email@example.com to their "safe senders" list.
- Failed: The message was not sent. Try manually sending the email.
- Opened: The recipient received the message and opened it.
- Sent: The message is being processed for delivery to the recipient.
- Spam Report: The recipient reported the email as spam.
- Unknown: The status of the email can’t be determined. This status typically appears for recently sent emails and is replaced by another status within 24 hours.
Note: Some emails will remain indefinitely in a status of Sent or Delivered if the recipient’s email server fails to process read receipts.