Weill Cornell Graduate School Program Materials
The Program Materials section includes additional information and requirements for the programs you selected in the Add Program tab. Each program's requirements may vary, so it's important you review this section in detail.
Your selected programs appear on the left side of this page; click each program's name to begin your review. Note that depending on your program's requirements, you'll see one or more of the tabs outlined below.
The Home tab contains the Program Details provided by each program at the start of the application cycle. It includes deadlines and other information specific to the program. Be sure to review this page carefully for any additional instructions, information, and/or requirements.
The Questions tab is only available for certain programs. Here, you can answer questions specific to each program. Questions may be multiple choice or open-ended text boxes. Some programs require an additional essay. Contact each program directly if you have questions.
Select your answers for each question and then click Save. If copying a response into a text box, check for possible formatting changes. We suggest using simple formatting, as tabs, italics, multiple spaces, etc., will not be saved. To delineate paragraphs, type a double return between each paragraph.
The Documents tab is only available for certain programs. If applicable, you can upload documents that will only be visible to that particular program. Documents that do not have a red asterisk are optional and do not need to be uploaded for you to submit your application.
Contact the program directly if you have any questions about their specific requirements.
If your program provides a PDF form to fill out and upload in this section, you must save and upload it as an image. Depending on your computer's operating system, there may be multiple ways to do this; a Google search can point you in the right direction.
Once your application is submitted, you cannot re-upload, update, or edit the documents in any way; however, you can upload new documents.
The Evaluations tab is only available for certain programs that require you to submit evaluations.
Before You Begin
Evaluations (sometimes called Letters of Evaluation, Letters of Reference, or Letters of Recommendation) are submitted by the evaluators themselves; they cannot be completed or submitted by the applicant or another party on behalf of the evaluator. We are not responsible for verifying evaluators' identities. If a discrepancy is found, we reserve the right to contact the appropriate individuals to investigate and to share the discrepancy with all programs.
Before getting started, consider the following:
- All evaluations are submitted electronically by evaluators using Letters by Liaison, our Recommender Portal.
- Research each program's requirements. You should determine whether your programs have specific requirements regarding evaluator roles or relationships before listing evaluators on your application. Many programs have strict guidelines and completed evaluations cannot be removed or replaced.
- Choose your evaluators early in the application process to ensure they have adequate time to submit your evaluation.
- Prepare your evaluators. Once you choose your evaluators, be sure to inform them about the process and that they will be completing the evaluation electronically. We recommend getting their preferred email address and asking that they monitor that inbox for your evaluation request (which will come from firstname.lastname@example.org), including any junk or spam folders.
The Evaluation Process
When you request evaluations, your evaluator receives an email request with a link to Letters by Liaison. Evaluators review your requests, and then accept, complete, or deny them. Evaluators may complete assessments such as writing essays, completing Likert scales, and/or uploading letters.
Once your evaluator completes your evaluation, you'll be notified via email. You can check the status of your evaluation requests in the Check Status tab of your application at any time.
You are required to request at least 1 and may request a maximum of 3 evaluations for each evaluation type:
- General Letter Upload
- General with Likert Scale
- Summer Program Form
If you want to submit more, send those additional evaluations directly to your programs.
Submit a Request
- On the Evaluations tab, click Add Evaluation.
- Enter the evaluator's full name and email address.
- Select the date by which you would like this evaluation completed. This date should be before your program(s) deadline.
- Enter a brief message or note for the evaluator.
- Select whether you want to waive your right of access to the evaluation. See Waiver below.
- Click the checkboxes to indicate your permission for us (and programs) to contact your evaluators.
- Click Save This Evaluation Request to submit it. Once you do so, an email is immediately sent to the evaluator.
- Confirm with your evaluators that they received the email notification.
- Use the Check Status tab to monitor the status of your evaluations. Completed evaluations are marked as "Complete" and have a Complete Date listed. Follow up with your evaluators if their evaluations are still marked as "Requested" or "Accepted." It is your responsibility to ensure that evaluation requests are received and completed on time. We will not notify applicants about missing evaluations.
Resend the Evaluation Request
If you need to resend a request:
- On the Evaluations tab, locate the request you wish to resend.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the request.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Resend This Evaluation Request.
Change the Evaluator's Email Address
If you entered an incorrect email address for any evaluators (or if any evaluator asks that you send the request to a different email address), you must delete these requests and then re-add them with the correct email.