This topic pertains to applicants who attended foreign and French-Canadian schools. These instructions do not apply to applicants who attended a foreign school as part of a study abroad program. See Study Abroad and Overseas US Transcripts for more information on reporting your study abroad experience.
Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. We do not accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English. Transcripts from these schools must be sent to ADEA AADSAS even if your program does not accept them. Please see the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section for information on reporting that coursework.
Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. However, foreign evaluations for these schools should be sent to ADEA AADSAS.
Caribbean Medical Schools
All Caribbean medical schools are considered foreign institutions and are not US accredited, even if they have offices in the US or allow US licensing. Do not send transcripts from these schools to ADEA AADSAS, as they will be discarded. Determine whether your programs require foreign evaluations (which may be sent to ADEA AADSAS), or if they will accept original Caribbean transcripts mailed directly to the program.
Documenting Foreign Coursework
If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, most ADEA AADSAS programs require you to submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to ADEA AADSAS from the evaluation service.
Contact a foreign transcript evaluation service as early as possible. See below for more information about vendors and accepted formats. Services can take several weeks to process your transcript(s) once received.
Do not send foreign transcripts to ADEA AADSAS, including those printed in English or translated into English; they will be discarded.
Foreign Evaluation Vendors
ADEA AADSAS only accepts electronic foreign evaluations from World Education Services (WES), Inc. or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
Ordering WES and ECE Electronic Evaluations
You must enter your Colleges Attended before you order WES or ECE evaluations. Follow the steps outlined in this article (also provided in the application) to order your evaluation. Failure to do so may result in delays in processing your application.
- Enter your schools in the Colleges Attended section.
- Click Order after listing your foreign institution in the Colleges Attended section. If you don’t see the Order button, it means you didn’t enter your institution as a foreign institution – return to the Colleges Attended section to fix this.
- Select if you're ordering an electronic ECE or WES foreign evaluation.
- Follow the prompts to order your transcript evaluation. If using WES, ADEA AADSAS is pre-selected for you (if not, select from the drop-down).
- Once you’ve requested the evaluation, return to the application and click I Ordered My Evaluation to let us know. When WES or ECE completes your evaluation, they'll send it to us electronically.