Before you submit your application, be aware of the following:
- You can make limited changes after you submit your application. You can add new items to certain areas of the Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials sections (e.g., test scores, experiences, optional documents, etc.), where applicable, but you cannot edit existing entries. You can also update evaluations with "new" or "in-progress" statuses and select additional programs to apply to. All other sections are read-only.
- You can submit your application before your transcripts and evaluations are received. Please note, however, that we will not review your application until all of your transcripts, payments, and evaluations are received. See Completing Your ADEA AADSAS Application for all requirements.
- Do not wait until the last minute. You can submit your application up until 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date; however, ensure you allow for time to complete the required payment section. You must click Submit and complete the final payment information before the deadline in order to guarantee your submission is accepted. Additionally, be aware that during our busiest times you may experience page loading delays, and these may occur outside of customer service's hours of operation. We cannot grant deadline extensions if you miss your deadline; contact your programs directly for more information.
Fee Assistance Program
Check the ADEA AADSAS Application Fees section before submitting to see if you qualify for the available Fee Assistance Programs.
Submitting Your Payment
When you are ready to submit your application, go to the Submit Application tab and click Submit. Payments can only be made in the application via a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Credit card payments cannot be made over the phone.
Once you submit your application and payment, click View Payment History for each program on the Submit Application page to confirm your payment's receipt.
Refunds are not typically granted because designated dental schools/programs have access to information as soon as an application is submitted. As an applicant, it’s your responsibility to complete your application correctly, monitor the status of your application, ensure all required materials are received and posted to the application, respond to all notifications in a timely manner, and adhere to the deadline requirements posted by each dental school/program to which you have applied.
In special circumstances, refund requests will be reviewed. You must submit a brief, written request within 30 calendar days of the end of the application cycle for consideration. ADEA reserves the right to grant or deny requests at its own discretion. Any refund granted will be returned to the applicant in the method it was paid.
Special consideration for ADEA AADSAS® (ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service) applicants: reapplicants accepted after June 1 to the previous cycle can request a refund. Requests must be made within two weeks of the acceptance, which will be verified by ADEA AADSAS staff.
Special consideration for ADEA PASS® (ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service) applicants: if one of your designated programs has closed for the cycle, please email email@example.com for next steps.
Requests can be sent to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for ADEA AADSAS® (ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service)
- email@example.com for ADEA CAAPID® (ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Standing for International Dentists)
- firstname.lastname@example.org for ADEA DHCAS® (ADEA Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service)
- email@example.com for ADEA PASS® (ADEA Postdoctoral Application Support Service)
You'll receive a confirmation email acknowledging that your application was submitted. Note that submitting does not mean your application is being reviewed by your programs. Depending on what materials were already received, submitting changes your application status from "In-Progress" to "Received" or "Complete."
Completing Your ADEA AADSAS Application
Your application must be considered "complete" to be placed in line for verification. In general, an application is complete when:
- All official transcripts have been received and posted to your application.
- If you used the Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) service, you have approved the work completed.
- Your application fee payment was submitted and marked as received.
- You submitted your application and received an email confirming it was successfully submitted.
- Your application Program Status is "Complete."
Note that your selected programs may have specific requirements for completion (i.e., supplemental applications, official transcripts, document uploads, etc.). We recommend contacting your programs directly to ensure you are meeting all requirements. Failure to submit all required materials may jeopardize your eligibility for admission consideration. Review each program's homepage to ensure you are meeting all requirements.
Verifications occur in chronological order and can take up to 10 business days to complete. Once your application is verified, you will receive a notification and your application's status will change to Verified.