Skip to main content

Foreign and French-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian Schools

English-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. We do not accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English. Transcripts from these schools must be sent to ADEA CAAPID even if your program does not accept them. Please see the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section for information on reporting that coursework.

French-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. However, foreign evaluations for these schools should be sent to ADEA CAAPID.

Caribbean Medical Schools

All Caribbean medical schools are considered foreign institutions and are not US accredited, even if they have offices in the US or allow US licensing. Do not send transcripts from these schools to ADEA CAAPID, as they will be discarded. Determine whether your programs require foreign evaluations (which may be sent to ADEA CAAPID), or if they will accept original Caribbean transcripts mailed directly to the program.

Documenting Foreign Coursework

If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, the programs you're applying to require you to submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to ADEA CAAPID from the evaluation service. 

Contact a foreign transcript evaluation service as early as possible. Services can take several weeks to process your transcript(s) once received. 

Do not send foreign transcripts to ADEA CAAPID, including those printed in English or translated into English; they will be discarded. 

Foreign Evaluation Vendors

ADEA CAAPID requires applicants to request foreign evaluations from World Education Services (WES), Inc. or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), Inc. only. You can request electronic WES ICAP or ECE course-by-course evaluations directly through the application.

  1. Click Order after listing your foreign school in the Colleges Attended section.
  2. Select ECE or WES, and follow the prompts. If using WES, make sure to select ADEA CAAPID from the drop-down on WES's page:

    WES 5.png

    Once WES or ECE complete your evaluation, they will send it to ADEA CAAPID electronically. Note that ADEA CAAPID does not accept paper WES or ECE evaluations sent via mail.
  3. Click I Ordered My Evaluation once you requested an electronic WES or ECE evaluation. Or, click I Will Do This Later to return to Colleges Attended.

While ADEA CAAPID accepts foreign transcript evaluations from both ECE and WES, each advanced standing program may have a preferred or required vendor. Be sure to check the specific foreign transcript evaluation requirements for each program that you are applying to in the ADEA CAAPID Directory. Note that ADEA CAAPID will not accept foreign transcripts completed by any other organization. 


Reapplicants should allow up to two business days for previously-received ECE and WES foreign transcript evaluations to carry forward and show as received. You only need to request new foreign transcript evaluations if you completed additional coursework since the previous evaluation was requested or ADEA CAAPID Customer Service indicates that your evaluations need to be resubmitted. 

  • Was this article helpful?