This section allows you to highlight any employment, volunteerism, and other experiences. When entering experiences, use your best judgment; review the options below, consider the duties you performed, and choose the experience type that you think best fits the experience.
Both paid and unpaid work in a dental field where you were directly responsible for a patient's care.
Time spent officially following and observing a dental professional at work, preferably in the dental hygiene field.
Non-Dental Healthcare Experience
Both paid and unpaid work in a health or health-related field where you are not directly responsible for a patient's care, but may still have patient interaction; for example, filling prescriptions, performing clerical work, delivering patient food, cleaning patients and/or their rooms, administering food or medication, taking vitals or other record keeping information, working as a scribe, CNA (depending on job description), medical assistant, etc.
All paid work; for example, a retail or restaurant job.
Identify any training or development received, preferably in the dental hygiene field.
Volunteer work done outside of the health care field; for example, working for Habitat for Humanity, tutoring students, participating in or working for a fundraiser walk or blood drive, etc.
Enter Your Experience
- Click Add an Experience.
- Select the appropriate experience type from the drop-down.
- Enter information about the organization where the experience took place.
- Enter information about your supervisor at the organization.
- Enter the date or date range in which the experience took place. Note that your experiences will not display on your application in any specific order, regardless of the dates entered.
- Enter additional details about the experience, including the time frame, if applicable.
- Select Yes or No to indicate a release authorization to allow your selected programs to contact the organization.
- Click Save & Continue.
Note that you cannot repeat hours between Experience types. So, if position duties encompass more than one section, enter the position in both sections and divide the hours and duties accordingly.