ADEA DHCAS allows you to apply to programs that are sorted by program type:
- Certificate: these programs offer a post-degree certificate in dental hygiene for licensed dental hygienists who have graduated from a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited dental hygiene associate’s program.
- Degree Completion: these programs offer a bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene for licensed dental hygienists who have graduated from a Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited dental hygiene associate’s program.
- Entry Level: these programs offer either a certificate or an associate's, bachelor’s, or post-baccalaureate degree in dental hygiene for those who are interested in becoming a dental hygienist and are looking to start their dental hygiene education.
- Graduate: these programs offer a master’s degree in dental hygiene for licensed dental hygienists who have graduated from a CODA-accredited dental hygiene program.
After creating your application, you must select one program type and apply to at least one program to begin your application; however, we recommend adding all of the programs you intend to apply to, as you can always make changes later.
Before Selecting a Program
- Check the program's deadline requirements. Ensure you have enough time to apply. Determine if ADEA DHCAS or your program requires evaluations, transcripts, or other supplementary materials – if so, these must be received prior to the deadline for your application to be considered complete. Once your application is complete, it can take up to 10 business days to be verified.
- Confirm your eligibility. Research the program and determine if you are eligible to apply. Contact the program directly if you have any questions regarding your eligibility. We do not verify prerequisites and requirements so it is your responsibility to ensure you are eligible.
- Confirm that the program still has seats available. Some programs fill their classes prior to their posted deadline, even if they do not specifically state they offer rolling admissions. We strongly encourage you to contact your programs and ensure seats are still available before submitting your application. We cannot offer refunds if a school you selected has already filled its class, nor can we transfer the payment to another program.
Selecting a Program
- Click Add Program at the top of the application home page.
- Use the filters to locate the programs you are interested in applying to.
- Click the plus sign next to a program to add it to your program list. If you want to remove a program and only have one selected, you need to add the second program before you can remove the first one.
- Continue adding programs as desired.
- Begin filling out the application. Before submitting, be sure to review your program list to make sure you are applying to all your intended programs.
Note that by submitting your application, you are committing to applying to your selected programs. You cannot substitute or remove submitted programs after submissions. Additionally, we do not offer refunds for selections made in error and we do not transfer payments to another program.
After submission, you can continue to add and apply to programs until August 23, 2024.