Before you submit your application, be aware of the following:
- You can make limited changes after you submit your application. You can add new test scores, experiences, achievements, and/or certifications (where applicable), but you cannot edit existing entries. You can also update evaluations with "new" or "in-progress" statuses and select additional programs to apply to. All other sections are read-only.
- You can submit your application before your transcripts and evaluations are received. Please note, however, that we will not review your application until all of your transcripts, payments, and evaluations are received.
- Do not wait until the last minute. You can submit your application up until 11:59 PM ET on the deadline date; however, ensure you allow for time to complete the required payment section. You must click Submit and complete the final payment information before the deadline in order to guarantee your submission is accepted. Additionally, be aware that during our busiest times you may experience page loading delays, and these may occur outside of customer service's hours of operation. We cannot grant deadline extensions if you miss your deadline; contact your programs directly for more information.
Fee Assistance Program
Check the ADEA DHCAS Application Fees section before submitting to see if you qualify for the available Fee Assistance Programs.
Submitting Your Payment
When you are ready to submit your application, go to the Submit Application tab and click Pay for My Programs. Payments can only be made in the application via a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Credit card payments cannot be made over the phone.
Once you submit your application and payment, click View Payment History for each program on the Check Status page to confirm your payment's receipt.
Because your designated programs have access to your information as soon as you submit your application, refunds aren't typically granted. As an applicant, it's your responsibility to complete your application correctly, monitor the status of your application, ensure all required materials are received and posted to the application, respond to all notifications in a timely manner, and adhere to the deadline requirements posted by each program to which you have applied.
ADEA DHCAS will review refund requests that involve special circumstances. To submit a refund request, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the request; your request must be received within 30 calendar days of the end of the application cycle. Note that ADEA DHCAS reserves the right to grant or deny requests at its own discretion. Any refund granted will be returned to the applicant in the form it was paid.
You'll receive a confirmation email acknowledging that your application was submitted. Note that submitting does not mean your application is being reviewed by your programs. Depending on what materials were already received, submitting changes your application status from "In-Progress" to "Received" or "Complete."
Completing Your ADEA DHCAS Application
Your selected programs will have specific requirements for completion (i.e. supplemental applications, official transcripts, document uploads, etc.). Failure to submit all required materials may jeopardize your eligibility for admission consideration. Review each program's homepage to ensure you are meeting all requirements. Additionally, you can click here to visit the ADEA DHCAS Search Engine.
In general, an application is considered complete when:
- All official transcripts have been received and posted to your application
- All required Evaluations have been completed and submitted to ADEA DHCAS, and
- You submitted and paid for your application.