- Transcripts must be sent to ADEA PASS from all US and English-speaking Canadian institutions where you earned or will earn a dental degree. We cannot process your application without receiving these transcripts.
- If you attended a foreign institution for your dental degree, you must submit a foreign transcript evaluation. See the Foreign and French-Canadian Transcripts section for more details.
- Do not send transcripts for non-dental degrees. If received, these transcripts will be destroyed. If your programs request these transcripts, send them to the programs directly. Alternatively, you may be able to upload them in the Documents or Program Materials sections, if available.
- Transcripts must be original. Transcripts that are photocopied, faxed, on file at a career center or Interfolio, etc. are not accepted.
- Transcripts must be addressed to ADEA PASS. Transcripts addressed to you, a program, school, or any address other than ADEA PASS are not accepted.
- Transcripts must be mailed by your registrar. For security purposes, we cannot accept transcripts mailed by you or anyone other than the registrar. If anything on your transcript indicates that it was issued to the student, picked up by you, or mailed to any address other than ADEA PASS, your transcript will be rejected and you will need to send a new one.
- In rare occurrences where a school's computer system can only include the applicant's name in the transcript's Issue to field, instruct the registrar to mail the transcript to ADEA PASS and include a letter stating the registrar's policy for addressing transcripts. Transcripts will not be accepted without this letter. Additionally, the transcript cannot have an "Issued to Student" or "Student Copy" stamp and cannot be picked up by the applicant.
- Once we receive your official transcripts, you can submit updated copies to ADEA PASS. For example, your program may request a transcript with updated coursework or degree information.
How to Send US or English-Canadian Dental School Transcripts
- Enter your colleges or universities in the Colleges & Dental Schools Attended section before requesting any transcripts.
- Click the Download Transcript Request Form under each dental school you listed and print each form.
- Contact the registrar at each dental school attended and request one dental school transcript be sent to ADEA PASS. You only need to submit one transcript from each dental school regardless of the number of programs you're applying to.
- Provide the registrar with the following items:
- ADEA PASS Transcript Request Form. Ask the registrar to attach it to your official transcripts. This form is not required, but strongly recommended as it helps ensure your official transcripts are properly matched to your application. If you cannot use this form, make sure the registrar prints "ADEA PASS" and your full ADEA PASS ID number on the transcript before mailing it.
- Any school-specific forms required by the registrar.
- Any transcript fees required by the registrar.
- All information needed by the registrar to properly identify you in the school's database.
- Any name changes.
- Your ADEA PASS ID number.
- Follow up with your school(s) to ensure that your transcripts were mailed, and obtain the date they sent them. Be aware that processing times vary by school and may take longer towards the end of a semester. Some schools may not send your transcript until the semester is over.
- Monitor the Check Status page to ensure your transcript is received. On average, it takes up to five business days for your transcript to post to your application from the date we receive it. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, review the Posting Delays section below.
Sending Dental School Transcripts by Mail
Your registrar should mail your paper transcripts to the following address:
ADEA PASS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9115
Watertown, MA 02471
We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or delays caused by the Registrar's Office. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt.
Sending Dental School Transcripts Electronically
In rare cases, if your institution cannot submit official transcripts by mail or electronically from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, or National Student Clearinghouse due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we can accept official transcripts sent via email from the Registrar directly. Your institution can contact the Customer Service team for more information.
We cannot accept transcripts sent via email from applicants.
ADEA PASS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer any of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail.
If your school requires that you use a service other than Credentials Solutions, Parchment, or National Student Clearinghouse, you should ask that service to mail the transcripts instead of sending them electronically. Since you cannot include the Transcript Request Form, you should include your full ADEA PASS ID number when entering the ADEA PASS mailing address.
When using any of these services, select ADEA PASS as the recipient. If you can't select ADEA PASS and instead are asked for an email address, your transcript must be sent by mail. Do not send your transcript to the ADEA PASS customer service email.
Confirm that your school offers the Credentials Solutions service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes up to five business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Credentials Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service.
Confirm that your school offers the Parchment service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes up to five business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Parchment directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service.
National Student Clearinghouse
Confirm that your school offers the National Student Clearinghouse service. If you attended Geneva College or Geneva College Portage Learning, review their transcript guidelines before you order transcripts.
If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, complete the following:
- From the menu bar, click Order–Track–Verify > Order a Transcript.
- Enter the school you wish to order a transcript from, then click Continue.
- Click Order Transcript.
- Follow the prompts and enter the required information.
- When selecting the recipient (i.e., Who are you sending your transcript to?), select Educational Organization, Application Service and Scholarships.
- When entering recipient details, select ADEA PASS from the Select Organization drop-down, then enter the CAS Transcript ID. This ID is located below the barcode on the Transcript Request Form issued to you by ADEA PASS (the barcode is located in the upper right corner of this form). Note that in the Select Organization drop-down, ADEA PASS may be listed with an association name, such as in the example below.
If the Enter CAS Transcript ID field does not appear, then your transcript cannot be sent to ADEA PASS electronically.
Once your transcript is requested, it takes up to five business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact ADEA PASS customer service to confirm the order was completed.
Please note that use of these services does not expedite the processing of transcripts.
If your transcript has not posted within five business days, first contact your school to confirm that they sent your transcript. Additionally, the following scenarios can cause delayed application posting/processing and should be avoided whenever possible:
- A transcript is not accompanied by a Transcript Request Form or is accompanied by the incorrect form.
- A transcript is not addressed specifically to "ADEA PASS."
- A school you attended is missing from the Colleges & Dental Schools Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application unless the school is listed.
- An incorrect school name is listed in the Colleges & Dental Schools Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application until it is corrected.
- The name on a transcript cannot be found in the ADEA PASS database, either because your name changed, was misspelled on the transcript, was misspelled on the application, or you have not yet created a ADEA PASS account.
The following scenarios can cause transcripts to be rejected and should be avoided whenever possible:
- A transcript is unofficial, marked as student-issued, or is addressed to someone other than ADEA PASS.
- A transcript is missing pages or was severely damaged in the mail.
- A document received by ADEA PASS is not a transcript.
- An incorrect transcript was received; this can occur when another student at your school has the same or similar name and you did not provide enough information to the registrar when you requested your transcript. Be sure to provide your schools with as much information as possible so they can properly identify your records.
If your school closed, you must confirm that your academic records can still be obtained. Review your school's website to learn if another school holds their academic records or contact the state licensing agency where your school was located to learn whether the state made arrangements to store the school's academic records. If your transcript is available, you must have it sent to ADEA PASS. If your transcript is no longer available, contact customer service.