Skip to main content

Foreign and French-Canadian Dental School Transcripts

Canadian Schools

English-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. We do not accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English. Transcripts from these schools must be sent to ADEA PASS even if your program does not accept them. Please see the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section for information on reporting that coursework.

French-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. However, foreign evaluations for these schools should be sent to ADEA PASS.

Caribbean Medical Schools

All Caribbean medical schools are considered foreign institutions and are not US accredited, even if they have offices in the US or allow US licensing. Do not send transcripts from these schools to ADEA PASS, as they will be discarded. Determine whether your programs require foreign evaluations (which may be sent to ADEA PASS), or if they will accept original Caribbean transcripts mailed directly to the program.

Documenting Foreign Coursework

If you attended a foreign dental school or earned your dental degree outside of the United States, most ADEA PASS programs require you to submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to ADEA PASS from the evaluation service.

Contact a foreign transcript evaluation service as early as possible. See below for more information about vendors and accepted formats. Services can take several weeks to process your transcript(s) once received.

Do not send foreign transcripts to ADEA PASS, including those printed in English or translated into English; they will be discarded.

Foreign Dental Schools

A foreign evaluation is required for the following degrees from foreign institutions:

  • Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
  • Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
  • Master of Dental Surgery (MDSU)
  • Postgraduate Diploma (PD)
  • Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DDM)
  • Master of Science in Dentistry (MSD)
  • Doctor of Dentistry (DD)
  • Doctor of Stomatology (DST)
  • Doctor of Odontology (DOD)
  • Bachelor of Dental Science (BDSC)

Foreign Evaluation Vendors

ADEA PASS only accepts electronic foreign evaluations from World Education Services (WES), Inc. or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. Paper WES or ECE evaluations are not accepted.

Ordering Electronic WES or ECE Evaluations

You can request electronic WES ICAP or ECE course-by-course evaluations directly through the application.

Click Order WES Evaluation or Order ECE Evaluation after listing your foreign school in the Colleges & Dental Schools Attended section.

If using WES, make sure to select ADEA PASS from the drop-down on WES's page:

CAS selection on WES website

Once WES or ECE completes your evaluation, they will send it to ADEA PASS electronically.

  • Was this article helpful?