In Admissions by Liaison, Contacts can be added manually or imported. Once Contact Types are established, you begin adding contact records as desired.
Creating Contacts Manually
In Admissions, you can create Contacts to keep track of your interaction with recruits, applicants, students, and others.
Once you have Contact Types created, you can begin creating Contacts. To do so:
- Navigate to the Contacts View, and click Add Contact.
- Select the type of Contact you want to create. Contact Types can be created from the Settings menu.
- Complete the fields and click Create to add the Contact.
- From the Contact Information page, click on fields to complete them as desired.
- You can use the Relationships tab to link the Contact to other Contacts. To do so, click Add near the desired Contact Type, search for the linked Contact, then click Add to keep your change.
- If desired, use the side panel to add Tags or upload Files related to the Contact.
Linking Applications to Contacts
If you add an application that already exists in Admissions as a Contact, the software links these together using their name and email address. The linked application is shown in the side panel of the Contact Information page.
Click on the application link to navigate to the Contact's application.
Importing Contacts via File Upload
Contacts in Admissions by Liaison can be imported in several other ways. If you have Contacts stored in a CSV, JSON, or XML file, you can pull these into Admissions using the Upload option. To begin importing Contacts from a file:
- Navigate to the Contacts menu and click Upload.
- Drag and drop your desired CSV, JSON, or XML file, or browse for it.
- After selecting the file, indicate if it is from a new data source or one that you've previously used. If it is from a previously imported data source, select which one. Then click Continue.
- Name the integration, select the Contact Type, then select your type of import:
- Contacts Only
- Activity Only
- Contacts and Activity
- Click Continue, then indicate if the file contains column headers. Click Continue again.
- Next, map the fields in your import file to existing contact fields in Admissions. Drag the fields over from the left, then click Select a property to choose which existing field the new data should be imported into. Remember to select one of the imported data fields as a unique identifier. Then click Done.
- A message indicates the file was successfully imported.
Importing Contacts via Integration
You can also configure an integration with other software to handle your Contact imports. To set up an integration:
- Click Contact Data Sources in the Import/Export section of the Settings menu.
- From the Current Integrations page, you can review your existing Integrations or adjust their priority. To begin configuring a new integration, click Add Integration.
- Select from the available Integration types.
- Name the integration, choose which Contact Type this integration will bring in, and click Authenticate your account.
- In the window that appears, enter your credentials for the selected account and complete the set up to allow access.
- A confirmation message appears, and you can return to the Contacts view to see the results.
Once you've established multiple integration types, edit the priority of the integrations so that Admissions knows which data should take precedence if conflicting information gets imported for any data point.