Shared Lookup Table Updates for Spring 2021
Many fields in the Applicant Portal contain predefined answer values that applicants can select; for example, the Country and County fields both have predefined answer values. These values are housed in shared “lookup tables” which are viewable in your CAS’s/UniCAS’s Custom Export Layout (CEL) file (located under Help in WebAdMIT).
Periodically, we receive requests to update these lookup tables to include additional response options for some of the standard questions in the Applicant Portal. We strive to respond to these requests while acknowledging that some updates can potentially impact schools that are leveraging that data in many of our portals, including:
- Admissions by Liaison: an admissions review system.
- Analytics by Liaison: a data reporting tool.
- API: a data integration tool.
- WebAdMIT: an admissions review system.
See below for the timeline and guidance for optimal implementation.
- December 3, 2020 – January 6, 2021: Account Managers meet with clients to review the upcoming changes.
- January 13, 2021: final date to submit lookup table value requests.
- March 7, 2021: new lookup table values finalized.
- April 4, 2021: new lookup table values appear in the Applicant Portal and updated CELs are available.
The following sections provide more detail on this timeline.
Changes to Applicant Portal Lookup Tables
The following changes are scheduled to be made on April 4, 2021:
- Changed Swaziland to Eswatini
- Added African American Studies
- Added Asian American Studies
- Added Latina/o American Studies
- Added Native American Studies
- Added Social Justice Studies
- Added Hokkien
- Added Idomo
Changes to the Custom Export Layouts and Master Code Lists
On April 4, 2021, applicants will be able to select the new options in the application. Additionally, the new CELs will become available and contain the new lookup table values that correspond to the Changes to Applicant Portal Lookup Tables.
Note that the Master College Code List, Master Degree Code List, and Master High School Code List are not published in our CELs. Instead, they are available online in the WebAdMIT Help Center. Additionally, these Master Code Lists are updated once a year in the spring.
If you currently export data from our portals to your school’s Student Information System (SIS) or another database, share this information with your Information Technology (IT) team.
If your school imports these fields directly from our system to yours, these new options will begin appearing in your exports as applicants select them. If you currently export data from our portals to your school’s Student Information System (SIS) or another database, share these new lookup table values and CELs with your Information Technology (IT) team. Additionally, if you created a “crosswalk” from our portals to your local data in your SIS/CRM, you may need to update this crosswalk for the newly added options.
Where New Lookup Table Values Appear
Once the new lookup table values become available to applicants, they’re reflected in our portals in the applicant’s profile, within the application PDF, and in lists and exports.
Lookup table change requests should be sent to your Account Manager, who will compile and review these requests prior to inclusion in the next lookup table update. A similar schedule will be provided closer to that time.