BU School of Social Work Application Dates and Fees
You can view a program's deadline by logging in to your application and navigating to:
- The Add Program tab.
- Review the information under the Deadline column.
- The Program Materials section.
- Your selected programs appear here; click each program's name to view the associated details, including the deadline.
Additionally, you can visit our website to review all BU School of Social Work application deadlines.
BU School of Social Work charges a processing fee (i.e., application fee) of $95 for each program you apply to.
Fee waivers are limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Determine when to apply for your waiver.
Fee waivers are valid from the date that they are issued until the application deadline. Be ready to submit your application (or close to ready) if you are approved for a fee waiver.
Important Note: do not submit your application until you receive your approval notification. Submitting your application prior to notification will result in your fee waiver being nullified.
Complete and submit your fee assistance application.
Review the fee waiver application requirements, deadlines, and process.
Once you submit your fee waiver request, it can take several business days to process. The status of your request will be sent to both your email address and your application inbox.
Submit your application.
Once you are approved for a fee waiver, you'll receive a coupon code and instructions for entering this code when submitting your application. When you enter the coupon code, the discount is applied to the total fees shown on the Submit Application tab; you are responsible for any remaining balance.
If you do not submit your application before the stated deadline:
Some programs provide coupons that offset application fees. If you received a coupon code from your program, use the information below to apply it to your payment.
Note that you cannot redeem a program’s coupon code after you submit your application to them. Additionally, if you miss a program deadline due to waiting for a coupon code, you must request a deadline extension from BU School of Social Work.
Using a Coupon Code
You can apply your coupon code(s) when you are ready to submit your application.
- Click the Submit Application tab at the top of the application.
- Click Submit, or to submit to more than one program, click Submit All.
- On the payment page, enter the coupon code(s) you received from the program(s) under Apply Coupon.
- Click the Apply Coupon button.
- Complete the rest of the payment details pages.
Note the following:
- When a coupon code equals the total transaction amount, you don’t need to enter additional payment information.
- When a coupon code is less than the total transaction amount, you'll need to enter payment information for the additional balance.
- When a coupon code is more than the total transaction amount, you don’t need to enter additional payment information. However, you'll forfeit the remaining balance offered by the coupon code, as BU School of Social Work will not issue credits or carry remaining balances forward.
- Coupon codes cannot be applied to chargeback fees.
If you used a coupon code when submitting to a program, the code will be listed under Payment History.