In this section, provide GPA information for the colleges you entered in the Colleges Attended section. You must complete the Colleges Attended section first before you can add GPAs. Be sure to add any GPAs that are available to you.
Adding a GPA
- Click Add GPA.
- Click Add A GPA. If you don't have one, click I don't have a GPA to add.
- Select the school level.
- Enter the total credit hours earned (you only need to enter this information if it is reported on your transcript).
- Enter your GPA (GPA information is usually located at the top or bottom section of your transcript). For studies completed at non-US institutions, ensure you enter your GPA using the grading scale reported on your transcript; don't convert it to a US 4.0 scale.
- Quality Points are automatically calculated for you by multiplying your GPA by your total credit hours.
- Click Save.
- If you attended this school twice (e.g., you completed both undergraduate and graduate coursework at the same college), click Add A GPA to add another GPA entry.
- Click Save and Exit.
Calculations of transfer GPAs include all transferable units attempted at all colleges attended and are part of the transfer admission requirements.
Before you calculate your GPA, keep these things in mind:
- Use all units earned from transferable courses to calculate your grade point averages (as determined by ASSIST).
- For consistency purposes, unit values should be converted to either Quarter or Semester term types:
- Convert quarter units to semester units: Quarter units x 2/3
- Convert semester units to quarter units: Semester units x 1 1/2
- First, assign,
- 4 grade points for each A
- 3 grade points for each B
- 2 grade points for each C
- 1 grade point for each D
- 0 grade points for each F
- Multiply the points assigned for each grade by the number of the course units (e.g., a 4-unit class with a grade of A equals 16 grade points. A 3-unit course with a grade of A equals 12 grade points, etc.).
- Add the total grade points and then divide the total grade points by the total transferable units attempted to get the transfer GPA. No college/university grade point value shall be less than 0 or greater than 4.0.
- Honor the grading policies of the institution where credit was earned by accepting official transcript entries including those reflecting academic renewal, repeat, and incomplete grades. Courses graded Pass/No Pass or Credit/No Credit shall be computed at neutral value with no grade points, and are not part of the GPA calculation.
- Evaluate transfer course grades or symbols used to designate unsatisfactory, failing, or non-passing work at time of withdrawal (such as UW, WU, and WF) as failing grades unless otherwise defined by the institution assigning the grades.
- Finally, calculate the GPA using the following formula: Multiply grade points by course units and add all grade points. Total transfer grade points earned divided by Total graded transfer units attempted = Cumulative GPA.
Example 1: 180 grade points/60 units attempted = 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
Example 2: 120 grade points/60 units attempted = 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)