When creating an account, consider the following:
- Create only one account to avoid processing delays and difficulties. Duplicate accounts and any documents associated with those accounts are deleted.
- If you are applying for both graduate and credential/certificate programs, contact Cal State Apply customer service for guidance on account creation.
- For your own security, do not share your password or account information with anyone.
- Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive.
- Use an email address that you check frequently to avoid missing important updates.
New Account Instructions
To create an account:
- From the application home page, click Create an Account.
- Complete the required fields, agree to the terms and conditions, then click Create my account.*
- Complete the required fields for Complete Your Profile, then click Save Changes.
- Use the arrows to review helpful information. When you're ready, click Start Your Application!
- Use the filters to find and select the programs to which you want to apply. Note that you can go back and change these selections at any point before you submit your application.
- When you are finished selecting your programs, click I am Done, Review My Selections.
- Review your selections, then click Continue To My Application to view your dashboard.
*You must enter your first and last name. If you only have one name, enter it in the applicable name field (i.e., first name or last name), then:
- Enter a period if your first name is unknown.
- Enter a period if your last name is unknown.
Once your account is created, you receive a CAS ID number. This appears in the top right corner of your application. If you need to contact Customer Service, provide this number to them so they can quickly find your application.