Skip to main content

Updating My Profiles

You can update basic information about yourself and your background on the My Profile and Extended Profile pages. To access, click your name in the upper-right of the application and select My Profile or Extended Profile.

My Profile

Your Legal Name

Enter or update your legal name, including any titles or suffixes. Cal State Apply will use this name in all communications.

Contact Information

Enter or update your email address and phone number(s).

Text and Phone Authorization

Click the checkbox to agree to the Terms of Service and authorize calls and/or text messages to the mobile phone number entered in the Contact Information section above.

Account Information

Use this section to change your username and password.

European Union Data Protection

Indicate if you are currently located in a European Union country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland.

Extended Profile

Degree Goal

Indicate what degree, credential, or certificate you are applying for and answer the related questions. Be sure to review the different applicant type definitions.

Note that it is imperative that the Extended Profile is completed correctly as the answers to these questions will control which programs are available for you to select from and the deadlines you are required to meet.


Select Yes if you are applying to return to the CSU campus which you previously attended and intend to complete the same degree.

If you select Yes, select the CSU campus you previously attended and enter your Student ID.

US Military Status

If you have US military experience, select your anticipated status at the time of enrollment from the drop-down. Select No, I have not served in the US military if this does not apply.

International Applicant

Select Yes if you have or will require an F1 Visa (student) or J1 Visa (exchange) to study at the California State University (CSU).

If you are not an international applicant and will not require a visa at the time of enrollment, select No. Then, select the US state/possession you consider your permanent home.

  • Was this article helpful?