- Report all institutions attended regardless of their relevance to the programs you are applying to.
- Institutions must be listed on your application even if the coursework completed there was transferred to another institution.
- Report each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.
Adding a College
- Click Add a College.
- Type and select your college. It may take several tries to find your school, especially if it shares its name with others or could be spelled differently. For example, if you attended "Saint John's University," you may need to try "Saint John," "St. John," or St John" (no period) to bring the school up on the list. If you exhausted all options and it does not appear, select Can't find your school?
- Select if you obtained (or plan to obtain) a degree from the selected institution.
- If you earned or plan to earn a degree, provide details about the earned or expected degree.
- Click Add another Degree to add additional degrees, as needed.
- Select your college's term system. You can usually find this on the back of your official transcripts, or you can contact your college's registrar.
- Term system refers to the type of hours your credits are worth, not the length of the term or how many terms a year your college offered.
- If your transcript lists some courses as quarter and others as semester, enter the term type that is most common (i.e. if you have six quarter terms and two semester terms, enter quarter). During the verification process, our team will confirm that the term type is correct.
- Enter dates of the first and last terms you attended. Be sure to only enter each college you attended once, regardless of gaps in your attendance there.
- Click Save This College to complete the college entry.
If Your Program Requires Official Transcripts:
For each college entered, click the Download Transcript Request Form button to download and print a transcript matching form. Provide this form to the college's Registrars Office so that they can send an official transcript to GradCAS. See Sending Transcripts to GradCAS for more information (and for information on sending electronic transcripts).
Note that if you attended a foreign college – and depending on your program's requirements – you may be required to send a WES Foreign Transcript Evaluation. See Sending Transcripts to GradCAS for more information.
If Your Program Requires Unofficial Transcripts:
For each college entered, click the Upload Transcript button and upload any associated transcripts.
If Your Program Doesn't Require Transcripts to be Submitted Through GradCAS:
Some programs choose this option when they want your transcripts mailed directory to their office. Double-check the program's requirements to determine if you need to send your transcripts by mail.