We are committed to maintaining a safe learning environment. As part of that commitment, Indiana University (IU) requires applicants to disclose if they:
- Have been subject to formal disciplinary action (including for example, but not limited to, suspension or expulsion for academic or non-academic reasons at any post-secondary institution, college, or university);
- Have been charged with or convicted of a crime (or a foreign legal equivalent) that has not been expunged by a court;
- And/or have engaged in behavior that caused injury to person(s) or personal property (including for example, but not limited to, vandalism or behavior that led to a restraining order against you) which resulted in some form of discipline or intervention.
A previous disciplinary action, charge, conviction, or conduct of the sort identified here does not automatically disqualify applicants from admission to IU, but they do require review by the campus admissions committee. Furthermore, the review of any behavior disclosure information provided will be conducted independently of the evaluation of your academic eligibility for admissions and will only be shared with the admissions committee and/or with other officials at IU who have a need to know as part of the behavior review process.
Please note: by submitting your application to Indiana University, you acknowledge and agree that you have a continuing obligation to inform the University of:
- Any formal disciplinary action for academic or non-academic reasons at any educational institution;
- Any legal charges and/or convictions (or foreign legal equivalents) that have not been expunged by a court;
- And/or any behavior that causes injury to person(s) or property which results in some form of discipline or intervention.
You must provide updated information to the campus admissions committee prior to class attendance. At that time, the campus admissions committee will review the information provided and may consider whether to delay or rescind your admission to IU.
As part of your application, you must provide a statement regarding the conduct you are disclosing when you complete your IU Graduate CAS application. We ask that you upload this statement in the Supporting Information section of the application. If for some reason you miss that step you can complete this prior conduct form.