New Features and Enhancements
CAS API Enhancements
The following enhancement is now available in the CAS API. All enhancements are automatically available to all CASs and participating programs using the CAS API. No action is required on the part of any association, school, or program. If you have any questions about these features, contact your Account Manager or support.
Apply JSON Validation to All API Request Bodies
The CAS API now applies JSON validation to all request bodies. If a validation error occurs, the API will return a HTTP 400 Bad Request with details about the validation error.
For more information, visit the CAS API technical reference page.
CAS Application Enhancements
Liaison’s suite of portals work together to help you collect and manage applications. The CAS application, also referred to as the Applicant Portal, is the system where applicants find and apply to your programs. You receive these applications in WebAdMIT or Liaison Outcomes, where you perform your review processes. The appearance of your program and your requirements are customized in the Configuration Portal, where you establish the program-specific elements that your applicants will interact with. Additionally, your program may use one or more of the following tools and platforms:
- Analytics by Liaison and Othot: advanced analytics solutions and data reporting tools.
- API: a data integration tool.
- Applicant Gateway: a platform for applicants who have already submitted their CAS application to complete and upload additional materials requested by their programs.
- Enrollment Marketing and TargetX: customer relationship management (CRM) systems for student lifecycle management.
- Letters by Liaison: a platform for evaluators to submit their letters of recommendation.
- SlideRoom: a platform for collecting digital portfolios.
- Time2Track: a platform for tracking, verifying, and managing experiences.
Annual Spring 2022 Lookup Updates
This enhancement is automatically available for use by all CASs and participating programs. No action is required on the part of any association, school, or program. Contact your Account Manager for more information.
Many fields in the Applicant Portal contain predefined answer values that applicants can select; for example, the Country and County fields both have predefined answer values. These values are housed in shared "lookup tables." Periodically, we update these tables to include additional response options.
The new lookup table values are now available in the Applicant Portal.
These lookup table updates impact the following portals, some of which you may use. If you created a "crosswalk" from our portals to your local data in your SIS/CRM, you may need to update this crosswalk for the newly added options. For guidance on optimal implementation of the new values, review the Shared Lookup Table Updates for Spring 2022 page.
- Admissions by Liaison
- Analytics by Liaison