Review the Request
To begin your recommendation, click the Start button next to the applicant's name on the Requests page. Review the information provided by the applicant on the left-hand side of the page:
- Type: Indicates the type of request.
- Access: Indicates whether the applicant waived their right to access their completed recommendations.
- Applicant Email: Email address provided by the applicant. Use this email address if you need any additional information from the applicant.
- Requested On: The date on which the applicant sent the recommendation request.
- Requested By: The date on which the applicant requests the recommendation be complete.
- Applying To: The programs the applicant is applying to along with relevant association(s), if applicable.
Be sure to also review any notes from the applicant at the top of the page which may contain specific instructions.
Write the Recommendation
Depending on the program(s) the applicant is applying to, you may be prompted to complete one or more of the following assessments.
Use the drop-downs and fields to answer questions regarding your relationship to the applicant.
Use the text box to respond to essay/short-answer questions about the applicant. We recommend typing your response directly into the text box and using simple formatting.
If you are copying/pasting content from somewhere else, be aware that the formatting may not copy over correctly. To fix this, remove the formatting by first pasting the content into a text editor such as Notepad, then pasting it into this text box. Or, if you're using Google Chrome as your browser, right-click the text box and select "Paste as plain text."
Provide your ratings for the listed criteria. Click the information icon under each rating to view more details about it. To select a rating, click the blue slider and drag to the desired rating.
Select your overall recommendation for the applicant from the Recommendation Concerning Admission drop-down.
You can upload one document to support your recommendation of the applicant. Documents must be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Portable Document Format (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rft), or Plain Text (.txt) format.
You can upload documents in two ways:
- Locate the file on your computer and click and drag it to the field labeled Drop files here to attach, or
- Click the Click to browse link in the field and locate and select the file on your computer.
Submit Your Recommendation
Click Preview & Submit to review and submit your recommendation. Your recommendation and, if applicable, letter appear in a preview window. If the recommendation and uploaded document look correct, click Yes, Upload It to proceed. Otherwise, click No, Cancel Upload to return to the request.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for troubleshooting information.