Some CASs allow applicants to have their observation hours reviewed and verified by supervisors in Letters by Liaison. If you receive a request to verify observation hours, review the steps below.
Locate Observation Hours Requests
All your observation hours requests appear on the Requests page. If you receive recommendation requests, they are listed here as well. You can view what each type of request is under the Type field.
Use the filters on the left to sort the requests and view more or less of their details. Requests are categorized and color-coded by current status:
- Accepted: an orange status indicates that you accepted the applicant's observation hours request. Your next step is to complete it.
- Requested: a yellow status indicates a new request that you have not yet accepted. Your next step is to accept it.
- Completed: a green status indicates that you verified the applicant's observation hours. No further action is needed, but you can review your observation hours verification.
- Declined: a purple status indicates that you declined the applicant's request.
- Expired: a grey status indicates that the applicant's request has expired.
Review the Observation Hours Request
To begin your observation hours verification, click the Start button next to the applicant's name on the Requests page. Review the information provided by the applicant on the left-hand side of the page:
- Type: indicates the type of request.
- Access: indicates whether the applicant waived their right to access their completed observation hours verifications.
- Applicant Email: email address provided by the applicant. Use this email address if you need any additional information from the applicant.
- Requested On: the date on which the applicant sent the observation hours verification request.
- Requested By: the date on which the applicant requests the observation hours verification be complete.
- Applying To: the programs the applicant is applying to along with relevant association(s), if applicable.
Be sure to also review any notes from the applicant at the top of the page which may contain specific instructions.
Verify the Observation Hours
Review the observation hours details, including the facility information, experience details, and patient diagnoses/populations observed. Then, confirm that the inpatient and outpatient completed and planned/in progress hours are correct. If there are any issues, contact the applicant directly so they can correct their observation hours and re-send it for approval.
Submit Your Observation Hours Verification
Indicate that you reviewed and verified the observation hours entered by the applicant. Then, enter your contact information. If applicable, enter your license number and the state/province where your license is held in.
Click Submit to submit your observation hours verification.