After you submit, you can make limited changes to your application and materials. Review the changes allowed for coursework, transcripts, and other sections below.
Updating Your Coursework and Transcripts
What is Academic Update?
Academic Update allows you to update planned or in-progress coursework that you completed since your application was originally verified. Academic Update is an optional process; check with your programs to determine if they require it. During the Academic Update window, you can also enter new planned/in-progress coursework for the upcoming term(s).
Am I Eligible for Academic Update?
You are eligible for Academic Update if you have at least one program in the Verified status by February 15, 2022. You can find your application status under the Check Status tab. Updates are available within the following timeframe:
December 15, 2021 and February 15, 2022
You will receive an email when the Academic Update period is open and available.
What Happens When I Update My Coursework?
Academic Update helps ensure your programs have the most up-to-date information about your coursework. If you update your coursework during the Academic Update window, OTCAS verifies your new courses, calculates updated OTCAS GPAs, and sends this information to your programs.
Since updated coursework will be verified, you must arrange for your updated official transcripts to be sent directly to OTCAS as soon as you receive an email confirmation from OTCAS confirming that your Academic Update was successfully submitted. Do not request that transcripts be sent to OTCAS beforehand; they will not qualify for Academic Update and will need to be resubmitted.
Once your new transcripts are received, your new coursework is placed in line to be verified. Verifications occur in chronological order and on average take two weeks to complete. You will receive an email when your Academic Update is verified.
Note that your application status will remain as Verified throughout the Academic Update process.
Which Courses Should I Update?
You can update any coursework you initially marked as in-progress or planned, as well as add courses that are planned for the next term. You cannot update terms that are already verified or add terms from previous years (e.g., you forgot to add a term from 2014). If you are updating coursework as a re-applicant, review Use an Existing OTCAS Account to Re-apply.
Note that you can only update your grades once during the Academic Update period. For example, if you've listed fall coursework as in-progress or planned, wait until that term is completed and you’ve received your final grades before you submit your Academic Update. Be mindful of the Academic Update deadline and submit before it closes.
How Do I Complete the Academic Update Process?
Academic Update is a three-step process:
Update Your Coursework
- Ensure your application's status is Verified on the Check Status tab.
- Navigate to the Academic History section.
- Click Transcript Entry.
- Click Edit under the school you are updating.
- Click the blue pencil next to the term you are updating (if you need to add a new term, click Add Term).
- Change the In Progress/Planned box to Completed.
- Update your courses, credits, and grades.
- Click Save All.
Submit Your Application
Click Submit My Updates to send the updated information to your programs no later than 11:59 PM ET on February 15, 2022.
Send Your Updated, Official Transcripts to OTCAS
We must receive your official transcripts by June 17, 2022. Arrange for your updated official transcripts to be sent directly to OTCAS as soon as they are available.
Updating Other Application Sections
Once you submit your application, most sections are locked to prevent edits. Updates you can make include:
- Editing your contact information.
- Editing your profile information (username, password, etc.).
- Adding programs with deadlines that have not yet passed.
- Adding new evaluations (if you have not yet requested the maximum number of evaluations).
- Editing or deleting evaluations that remain incomplete.
- Adding new entries to certain areas of the Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials sections (e.g., test scores, experiences, optional documents, etc.), where applicable (you are unable to edit or delete existing entries).
- Editing program materials for programs you have not yet submitted to.
- Adding optional documents to programs that you already submitted to (all other sections will be locked).
After making your updates, click Update my application to send the changes to your programs. If you have updates for other sections of your application, submit these updates directly to your programs.