- Report all institutions attended regardless of their relevance to the programs you are applying to.* Failure to report an institution may cause your application to be undelivered. This can significantly delay the processing of your application. Report all institutions attended, including but not limited to:
- courses taken in high school for college credit
- summer courses
- community college courses
- US military academies (note that this does not include courses on SMART or JST transcripts)
- post-baccalaureate, graduate, and doctoral work
- study abroad, Canadian, and foreign work, etc.
- Report each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.
- Send official transcripts for each institution.
*Some PharmCAS programs may exclude coursework from your GPA calculations if the college attended is not recognized by one of the following regional accreditation agencies. Contact your programs directly if you have any questions.
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) (formerly North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA))
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS)
Adding a College
- Click Add a College.
- Type and select your college. It may take several tries to find your school, especially if it shares its name with others or could be spelled differently. For example, if you attended "Saint John's University," you may need to try "Saint John," "St. John," or "St John" (no period) to bring the school up on the list. If you exhausted all options and it does not appear, select Can't find your school?
- Select if you obtained (or plan to obtain) a degree from the selected institution.
- If you earned or plan to earn a degree, provide details about the earned or expected degree.
- Click Add another Degree to add additional degrees, as needed.
- Select your college's term system. You can usually find this on the back of your official transcripts, or you can contact your college's registrar.
- Term system refers to the type of hours your credits are worth, not the length of the term or how many terms a year your college offered.
- If your transcript lists some courses as quarter and others as semester, enter the term type that is most common (i.e. if you have six quarter terms and two semester terms, enter quarter). During the verification process, our team will confirm that the term type is correct.
- Enter dates of the first and last terms you attended. Be sure to only enter each college you attended once, regardless of gaps in your attendance there.
- Click Save This College to complete the college entry.