Evaluations (sometimes called letters of reference or letters of recommendation) must be electronically submitted via the Evaluator Portal by the evaluators themselves. Evaluations cannot be completed or submitted by the applicant or another party on the reference's behalf.
We are not responsible for verifying an evaluator's identity. If a discrepancy is found, we reserve the right to contact the applicant or evaluator to investigate and to share the discrepancy without comment with all programs.
Before You Begin
The instructions below will help ensure the evaluation process goes smoothly.
- All evaluations must be submitted electronically.
- Research each program's requirements using the Pharm.D. School Directory. You should determine whether your programs have specific requirements regarding reference roles or relationships before listing evaluators on your application. Certain programs may prefer that evaluations are sent to them directly. Be sure to check each program's guidelines as completed references cannot be removed or replaced.
- Prepare your evaluators. Once you choose your evaluators, be sure to inform them about the process and that they will be completing the reference electronically. We recommend getting their preferred email address and asking that they monitor that inbox for your reference request, including any junk or spam folders.
If you want to submit a committee letter as part of your application, you can do so by entering the committee chair (or their alternate) as the Evaluator/Recommender. The committee chair must then complete the ratings section and upload one letter (that includes the assessments of various committee members) via the Evaluator Portal. Note that a committee letter only counts as one evaluation.
You can enter information for a maximum of 4 references. If you want to submit more than 4 evaluations, contact your programs directly to see if they will accept additional or substitute evaluations.
Submit an Evaluation Request
- In the Evaluation/Recommendations section, click Create Evaluation/Recommendation Request.
- Enter the Evaluator/Recommender's full name and email address.
- Select the date by which you would like this Evaluation/Recommendation completed. We recommend selecting a date that is at least four weeks before your earliest deadline.
- Enter a brief message or note for the Evaluator/Recommender.
- Select whether you want to waive your right of access to the Evaluation/Recommendation. See Waiver below.
- Click the checkboxes to indicate your permission for us (and programs) to contact your Evaluator/Recommenders.
- Click Save This Evaluation/Recommendation Request to submit it. Once you do so, an email is immediately sent to the Evaluator/Recommender.
- Confirm with your Evaluator/Recommenders that they received the email notification.
- Use the Check Status tab to monitor the status of your Evaluation/Recommendations. Completed Evaluation/Recommendations are marked as "Complete" and have a Complete Date listed. Follow up with your Evaluator/Recommenders if their Evaluation/Recommendations are still marked as "Requested" or "Accepted." It is your responsibility to ensure that Evaluation/Recommendation requests are received and completed on time. We will not notify applicants about missing Evaluation/Recommendations.
Change the Evaluator/Recommender's Email Address
If you entered an incorrect email address for an Evaluator/Recommender, or if your Evaluator/Recommender asks that you send the request to a different email address, you must delete the request and then re-add it with the correct email.