In this section, you can enter your professional experiences in several categories, or types. Review the type definitions below, consider the duties you performed during the experience, and use your best judgment to determine which category your experience falls into. Each experience should be entered only once in the most appropriate category/type. If you have any questions about your experiences fulfilling an individual program's requirements, inquire with that program directly.
Although you can enter any experiences that you believe are relevant to your application, we recommend focusing on those experiences within the last 10 years and at the collegiate level and above. Enter only current and in-progress experiences, and check your program's requirements regarding documentation.
Experiences in a pharmacy or pharmacy-related field; for example, shadowing a pharmacist and/or working as a pharmacy technician.
Both paid and unpaid work in a health or health-related field (outside of pharmacy experience) where you are not directly responsible for a patient's care, but may still have patient interaction; for example, non-pharmacy job shadowing, performing clerical work, delivering patient food, cleaning patients and/or their rooms, administering food or medication, taking vitals or other record-keeping information, working as a scribe, CNA, medical assistant, etc.
Paid work done outside of the health care field or a research lab; for example, a retail or restaurant job.
Use the Description/Key Responsibilities field to identify any summer/seasonal/temporary employment that spanned over multiple years.
Related activities you would like your selected programs to review; for example, pre-pharmacy club. Do not include paid work experience in this section.
Enter Your Experience
- Click Add an Experience.
- Select the appropriate experience type from the drop-down.
- Enter information about the organization where the experience took place.
- Enter information about your supervisor at the organization. This is a person that programs can contact to verify that this experience occurred. If the experience was a student-organized group and there was no advisor, list a member who can verify your experience.
- Enter the date or date range in which the experience took place. Note that your experiences will not display on your application in any specific order, regardless of the dates entered.
- Enter additional details about the experience, including the title of the experience and the time commitments. Enter the average weekly number of hours that you completed for this experience during the date range that you indicated.
- Select Yes or No to indicate a release authorization to allow your selected programs to contact the organization.
- Click Save & Continue.