Before Selecting a Program
Refer to the Pharm.D. School Directory to:
- Check the program's deadline requirements. Ensure you have enough time to apply. Determine if PharmCAS or your program requires evaluations, transcripts, or other supplementary materials – if so, these must be received prior to the deadline for your application to be considered complete. Once your application is complete, it takes on average two weeks to be verified.
- Confirm your eligibility. Research the program and determine if you are eligible to apply. Contact the program directly if you have any questions regarding your eligibility. We do not verify prerequisites and requirements so it is your responsibility to ensure you are eligible.
- Confirm that the program still has seats available. Some programs fill their classes prior to their posted deadline, even if they do not specifically state they offer rolling admissions. We strongly encourage you to contact your programs and ensure seats are still available before submitting your application. We cannot offer refunds if a school you selected has already filled its class, nor can we transfer the payment to another program.
Selecting a Program
- Click Add Program at the top of the application home page.
- Use the filters to locate the programs you are interested in applying to.
- Click the plus sign next to a program to add it to your program list. If you want to remove a program and only have one selected, you need to add the second program before you can remove the first one.
- Continue adding programs as desired.
- Begin filling out the application. Before submitting, be sure to review your program list to make sure you are applying to all your intended programs.
Note that by submitting your application, you are committing to applying to your selected programs. You cannot substitute or remove submitted programs after submissions. Additionally, we do not offer refunds for selections made in error and we do not transfer payments to another program.
After submission, you can continue to add and apply to programs until June 1, 2022.
Some programs provide invitation codes, which are deadline extensions offered to individual applicants. If you received an invitation code from a program, use the information below to apply to a program whose deadline has already passed.
You can apply your invitation code(s) when you select a program (steps below) or are ready to submit your application (review the Submitting and Completing Your PharmCAS Application section). Note that you must use the invitation code before the expiration date (i.e., new deadline date).
Selecting a Program
- Click the Add Program tab at the top of the application.
- Click the Enter Invitation Code link in the top right of the program list.
- Enter the invitation code you received from the program.
- Select the closed program.
Pharmacy Schools with No Current ACPE Status
The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) is the national agency for the accreditation of professional degree programs in pharmacy and providers of continuing pharmacy education. Accreditation is the public recognition accorded a professional program that is judged to meet established qualifications and educational standards through initial and subsequent periodic evaluations. The essential purpose of the accreditation process is to provide a professional judgment of the quality of a professional pharmacy degree program and to encourage continued improvement thereof. Recognizing that the degree program you have applied to has no ACPE status to date, and keeping your admissions interests in mind, you are required to apply to at least one other institution that has ACPE status.