Updating Your PharmCAS Application (Academic Update)
After you submit, you can make limited changes to your application and materials. Review the changes allowed for coursework, transcripts, and other sections below.
Updating Your Coursework and Transcripts
What is Academic Update?
Academic Update allows you to update your grades for previously entered planned or in-progress coursework and arrange for all updated official transcripts to be received by PharmCAS. During the Academic Update window, you can also enter new planned/in-progress coursework for the upcoming term(s).
Am I Eligible for Academic Update?
You are eligible for the fall Academic Update window if you have at least one program in the Verified status by February 15, 2023.
You are eligible for the spring Academic Update window if you have been accepted to one or more PharmCAS schools by June 30, 2023.
You can find your application status under the Check Status tab. Updates are available within the following timeframes:
- December 15, 2022 to February 15, 2023
- April 17, 2023 to June 30, 2023 (only for applicants who have been accepted to one or more PharmCAS schools)
You will receive a notification within PharmCAS when the Academic Update periods are open and available.
What Happens When I Update My Coursework?
Academic Update helps ensure your programs have the most up-to-date information about your coursework. If you update your coursework during the Academic Update window, PharmCAS verifies your new courses, calculates updated PharmCAS GPAs, and sends this information to your programs.
Since updated coursework will be verified, you must arrange for your updated official transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS as soon as you receive an email confirmation from PharmCAS confirming that your Academic Update was successfully submitted. Do not request that transcripts be sent to PharmCAS beforehand; they will not qualify for Academic Update and will need to be resubmitted.
Once your new transcripts are received, your new coursework is placed in line to be verified. Verifications occur in chronological order and can take up to 10 business days to complete. You will receive an email when your Academic Update is verified.
Note that your application status will remain as Verified throughout the Academic Update process.
Which Courses Should I Update?
You can update any coursework you initially marked as in-progress or planned, as well as add courses that are planned for the next term. You cannot update terms that are already verified or add terms from previous years (e.g., you forgot to add a term from 2020). If you are updating coursework as a re-applicant, review Use an Existing PharmCAS Account to Re-apply.
Note that you can only update your grades once during the Academic Update period. For example, if you've listed fall coursework as in-progress or planned, wait until that term is completed and you’ve received your final grades before you submit your Academic Update. Be mindful of the Academic Update deadline and submit before it closes.
How Do I Complete the Academic Update Process?
To update your coursework:
- Ensure your application's status is Verified on the Check Status tab.
- Navigate to the Academic History section.
- Click Transcript Entry.
- Click Edit under the school you are updating.
- Click the blue pencil next to the term you are updating (if you need to add a new term, click Add Term).
- Change the In Progress/Planned box to Completed.
- Update your courses, credits, and grades.
- Click Save All.
- Click Submit My Updates to send the updated information to your programs.
Fall Academic Update Period
All applicants are invited to complete the Fall Academic Update period. After your application is initially verified, you can make any necessary updates to your courses (i.e., newly completed or planned/in-progress courses) during the Fall Academic Update period. The coursework entered during this period will be verified and your GPAs will be updated accordingly. You cannot edit courses that you originally reported as complete or add courses completed in prior years.
The Fall Academic Update period opens on December 15, 2022 and closes on February 15, 2023. You will receive a notification within PharmCAS when the Academic Update period opens. It is your responsibility to update your courses during this time period. PharmCAS cannot update your coursework for you. Additionally, if you do not submit your Academic Update by 11:59 PM HT on February 15, 2023, PharmCAS cannot update your GPA calculations.
You must also arrange for your official Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS as soon as they are available. If you do not submit your updated courses and transcripts in a timely manner, your selected programs may no longer consider you for admission.
Note that you can only update your coursework once during each Academic Update period.
Spring Academic Update Period
Only applicants who have been accepted by at least one PharmCAS program can complete the Spring Academic Update period. You can enter your spring and summer coursework during the Spring Academic Update period. The coursework entered during this period will be verified and your GPAs will be updated accordingly. You cannot edit courses that you originally reported as complete or add courses completed in prior years.
The Spring Academic Update period opens on April 14, 2023 and closes on June 30, 2023. Only accepted applicants will receive a notification within PharmCAS when the Academic Update period opens. It is your responsibility to update your courses during this time period. PharmCAS cannot update your coursework for you. Additionally, if you do not submit your Academic Update by 11:59 PM HT on June 30, 2023, PharmCAS cannot update your GPA calculations.
Note that you can only update your coursework once during each Academic Update period.
Spring 2023 Academic Update Transcripts
Accepted applicants must arrange for official Spring 2023 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS as soon as they are available and before the cycle closes on June 30, 2023. If you do not submit your updated courses and transcripts in a timely manner, your selected programs may no longer consider you for admission.
Summer 2023 Academic Update Transcripts
Accepted applicants must arrange for Summer 2023 transcripts to be sent directly to the pharmacy school (and not to PharmCAS). The PharmCAS 2022-2023 cycle will close before summer 2023 transcripts will be available.
Updating Other Application Sections
Once you submit your application, most sections are locked to prevent edits. Updates you can make include:
- Editing your contact information.
- Editing your profile information (username, password, etc.).
- Adding programs with deadlines that have not yet passed.
- Adding new evaluations (if you have not yet requested the maximum number of evaluations).
- Editing or deleting evaluations that remain incomplete.
- Adding new entries to certain areas of the Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials sections (e.g., test scores, experiences, optional documents, etc.), where applicable (you are unable to edit or delete existing entries).
- Editing program materials for programs you have not yet submitted to.
- Adding optional documents to programs that you already submitted to (all other sections will be locked).
After making your updates, click Update my application to send the changes to your programs. If you have updates for other sections of your application, submit these updates directly to your programs.
Reporting Grade Changes
If a grade changed on your transcript due to a correction made by the registrar's office, not connected to any of the Academic Update periods, follow the steps below.
- Send PharmCAS an email that contains the following information:
- Full name
- CAS ID number
- Name of the institution issuing the grade change
- Course title
- Course prefix and number
- Session year and term for course (e.g., fall 2008)
- Original grade on the transcript
- Revised/corrected grade on the transcript
- Print a new Transcript ID Form from the Colleges Attended section for the institution that issued the grade change. On the form, circle Yes next to Grade Change.
- Submit the Transcript ID Form to the registrar and arrange for a revised copy of your transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS as soon as possible.
Once the official transcripts are received, PharmCAS will update your course grade and GPA and submit an updated application to your selected programs.
Note: if the transcript with your grade change will be received by PharmCAS after June 30, 2023, you must contact PharmCAS before sending the transcript.