After your application is initially verified, you can make any necessary updates to your courses (i.e. newly completed or planned/in-progress courses) during the Academic Update period. This is the only time you can make edits to your coursework and you cannot edit courses that you originally reported as complete or add courses completed in prior years.
You will receive an email when the Academic Update period is opened and available. It is your responsibility to update your courses during this time period. PharmCAS cannot update your coursework for you. Note that you can only update your coursework once during each Academic Update period.
Fall Academic Update Period
The Fall Academic Update period opens on December 15, 2017 and closes on February 15, 2018. Arrange for your official Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS as soon as they are available. If you do not submit your updated courses and transcripts in a timely manner, your selected programs may no longer consider you for admission.
Additionally, if you do not submit your Academic Update by the closing date of February 15, 2018, PharmCAS cannot update your GPA calculations.
Spring Academic Update Period
The Spring Academic Update period opens on April 17, 2018 and closes on June 28, 2018. Arrange for your official Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 transcripts to be sent directly to the programs you're applying to as soon as they are available. If you do not submit your updated courses and transcripts in a timely manner, your selected programs may no longer consider you for admission.
Reporting Grade Changes
If a grade changed on your transcript due to a correction made by the registrar's office, follow the steps below.
- Send PharmCAS an email that contains the following information:
- Full name
- CAS ID Number
- Name of the institution issuing the grade change
- Course title
- Course prefix and number
- Session year and term for course (e.g. fall 2008)
- Original grade on the transcript
- Revised/corrected grade on the transcript.
- Print a new Transcript Request Form from the Colleges Attended section for the institution that issued the grade change. On the form, circle Yes next to Grade Change.
- Submit the Transcript Request Form to the registrar and arrange for a revised copy of your transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS as soon as possible.
Once the official transcripts are received, PharmCAS will update your course grade and GPA and submit an updated application to your selected programs.
Note: if the transcript with your grade change will be received by PharmCAS after June 28, 2018, you must contact PharmCAS before sending the transcript.