Disputing Your GPA Calculations
During Verification, PharmCAS uses the information you entered in the Transcript Entry page to calculate several GPAs. Incorrect GPA calculations – which rarely occur – are most often a result of an error in your entered coursework.
If you believe a GPA was calculated incorrectly, you should first:
- Note that:
- PharmCAS GPAs are not the same as the GPAs found on your transcripts.
- A common mistake applicants make is to add GPAs from each academic year of undergraduate study and then divide by 4 to obtain an overall undergraduate GPA. This calculation represents an average GPA, which is different from an overall GPA.
- Review Calculating Your PharmCAS GPAs.
- Identify the area you believe is causing the incorrect calculation (i.e. Post-Baccalaureate Science GPA) and calculate the GPA yourself using the GPA calculator.
If, after calculating the GPA, you still believe there is an error, email customer service at email@example.com with the subject line Verification: GPA inquiry and:
- Indicate the problematic area.
- Provide your calculations.
PharmCAS does not accept GPA review requests by phone.